Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Swab (ericswab) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Eric Swab has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.swabconcrete.com
My PDF Gear ListColorado Rockies 3 Season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Swab

Showing 111 - 120 of 158 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

2011 PCT Thru Hike Gearlist
+1 on the baselayer, get one with a hood, 1/2 zip, and thumb loops, together with a hooded windshirt it is a great combo that you can adjust easily while still moving.

In Gear Lists » <- 2011 PCT Thru Hike Gearlist ->
March 29, 4:31pm

Colorado Trail Clothing
Another thought you could just go with convertible nylon pants and lose all other bottom layers (base layer, shorts, rain pants). But having some options may be good given the unpredictable weathe...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail Clothing
March 27, 9:21pm

Colorado Trail Clothing
Allen, I tried the "vest / baselayer (REI midweight) / rain jacket" combo last year in August in the "Never Summer Range" and was chilly in the arms on a breezy cloudy mornin...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail Clothing
March 27, 7:47pm

Please help me move from 1-season to 3-season
As for the stove, I really like the GSI minimalist, there are lighter options but it is a nice "system" with the cozy and drink lid. I made a cat can stove and windscreen that both fit i...

In Gear Lists » Please help me move from 1-season to 3-season
March 20, 9:11pm

Derek, Always up for a beer, it would be great if Jason could join us too. As for your list, clothing is tough to figure out here. I have been experimenting with different layers all winter on...

March 20, 9:04pm

24 hours in the Snow In Santa Barbara... really? Really!
Bill, You are setting the bar for a trip report, I need to start playing with video more. These type of trips are awesome, so little planning, I just went out for a "Quick 16 Hour" tr...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 hours in the Snow In Santa Barbara... really? Really!
March 20, 8:11pm

Perigree Moon Photos 3-19-11
Did my first trip of the year last night and was hoping for some good shots, it ended up being very overcast. The moon went behind the clouds shortly after this. The sunrise this morning was rea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perigree Moon Photos 3-19-11
March 20, 7:59pm

Derek, I live in Fort Collins too, send me an email: ericswab at gmail dot com. I want to extend the season as much as possible and try to do as many close, short trips as I can this year. Eric

March 14, 10:03pm

New Tarptent Website
The new website is nice! Having lots of photos help when looking at shelters, it is also nice when there is a sleeping bag, pack or person in the photos to get an idea of space. Henry should wo...

In GEAR » New Tarptent Website
March 11, 7:17pm

Gear suggestions for newer backpackers
It is nice you are helping your friend to start light, it is expensive to buy things twice. My input for a "middle of the road" versatile big four would be: Shelter: Tarptent Rainbo...

In GEAR » Gear suggestions for newer backpackers
March 11, 7:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Swab

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GSI Minimalist
This economical cook set doesn't seem to get much press, probably because it is not titanium. The 20oz. (600ml) size works out perfect for most dehydrated meals. In the morning it is enough ...

In Cookware - Other
March 08, 9:40pm