Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 111 - 120 of 285 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Ripstop Nylon - perfect to make your own pack!
I'd like the 2yds of red, how do I pay you? You don't have a pm address...

In Gear Swap » Ripstop Nylon - perfect to make your own pack!
December 19, 2:05am

Re: protecting/not losing tiny gadgets
I keep my foretrex 201 in my pockets. Because that thing is stupidly some olive drab camo color, I have a long fluorescent cord tied to it. I'm more paranoid about putting it down and not being...

In GEAR » protecting/not losing tiny gadgets
December 17, 2:12pm

Re: what kinds of threads?
+1 on Gutermann's, it's polyester, available at your local Jo-anns or generic sewing store in a million colors and it's pretty good for most stuff. If you're doing something heavy d...

In Make Your Own Gear » what kinds of threads?
December 16, 4:35pm

Re: Aluminum Tubing
There are a couple of routes with this, finding the exact item at a premium or finding something similar for less. In this case, to find aluminum tubing of an exact size, the place is mcmaster-...

In Make Your Own Gear » Aluminum Tubing
December 16, 4:32pm

Re: Wind-shirt pattern
+1 on the thru-hiker pattern. I made mine from the momentum fabric and use it all the time. If you don't want to get the kit, there are some patterns at seattlefabrics like these: seattle fabr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wind-shirt pattern
December 15, 5:21pm

Re: Carbide Tips
"Has anyone here made a pair of aluminum poles? If so did it ever cross your midn not use the plastic carbide protector tips?" I used to hike with an old skipole without the basket whe...

In GEAR » Lightest Aluminum Fixed Length Trekking Pole?
December 09, 3:03pm

Re: Cost
I asked the shop guy in the back of my local golf pro shop nicely and he gave me two CF shafts for free! He even squared off the ends where the head had broken off. Apparently they just throw them ...

In GEAR » Lightest Aluminum Fixed Length Trekking Pole?
December 08, 4:29pm

Re: Does this exist (strapping hardware)
I would just get a piece of 3/4" webbing and two side release buckles and make it. A few bartacks down the middle should do it...

In Chaff » Does this exist (strapping hardware)
November 26, 3:50pm

Re: Have some cameras picked, help me choose one
This is another useful website, though they tend to lean towards really high end medium format: The Luminous Landscape I would second looking at the Sony Nex-3 and Nex-5. You can choose the len...

In Photography » Have some cameras picked, help me choose one
November 18, 12:15pm

Re: Flashlight vs. Headlamp for hiking
I find that walking in the dark with a headlamp on is problematic because the direct light hides variations in terrain. I end up taking the headlamp off and holding it in my hand at waist level whi...

In GEAR » Flashlight vs. Headlamp for hiking
November 04, 4:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.