Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Danielsen (er1kksen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Western Door
About Me Living and working between adventures. So far those have included the Andes, the Adirondacks, the nooks and crannies of WNY, and being a not-quite-UL wanderer all over the east coast.
CityFredonia
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListOld Disorganized Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Danielsen

Showing 111 - 120 of 172 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Question
Just curious, what was your sleep system for your first LT attempt? It'd be interesting to hear how you planned for the original 9-day attempt as well.

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 29, 4:35pm

Unsurprising, I guess
Wanton greenwashing runs rampant wherever one turns. Ah well, my bamboo/merino tights are still quite comfy and stay unstinky.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Fast Growing BS Behind Bamboo’s Green Claims
November 19, 1:07pm

Polyphasic Sleep
I've also given polyphasic sleep some contemplation (for a variety of reasons) and the main problem that I see with it for backpacking is that while it (in theory) satisfies the brain's sle...

November 15, 3:24pm

Inov-8
I'll give another plug for inov-8s. Something about the way they feel on your feet encourages quick and nimble forward motion. I prefer a highly breathable boot that I can add a waterproof sock...

In GEAR » Best Lightweight Waterproof Boot?
November 15, 7:24am

Thermolite
You might want to consider something like this instead: http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/91 It probably insulates at least as well as a mylar blanket, is a whole lot more comfortab...

November 15, 7:12am

Pack
I've got a Granite Gear Vapor Flash that I'd be willing to ship you for $70. It's about a year old and it's been lugged all over the andes and on some backpacking trips with a local...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Affordable Used Backpacking Essentials
November 12, 12:27pm

Re: No it's not
You've clearly never watched a James Bond movie. Every secret agent/action movie star I know would love this stuff. *removes tongue from cheek*

In GEAR » Gore-Tux Formal Wear
November 12, 7:28am

Gert Boyle is a BadA__.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101111/ap_on_bi_ge/us_home_invasion_boyle Silly robber, shoulda worn a Bugaboo.

In GEAR » Columbia calls 'B.S.' on Outdoors Industry
November 11, 3:53pm

Thinking about it
I've been thinking about experimenting with VBL as well, as I've been noticing condensation in the outside of the bag that collapses my loft by morning when I sleep out lately (temps have b...

In GEAR » Use of VBL
November 11, 7:49am

Re: No problem
Payment was sent friday, can you confirm (I sent PM but got no response)?

In Gear Swap » FS:SMD Gatewood Cape/Bivys
November 10, 11:55am

All Reader Reviews by Erik Danielsen

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
I have owned and loved a pair of these and worn them until their current state of having gaping holes in the sides. Observations: great fit, decent support and cushioning (never any sore feet) and...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 10, 7:29am