BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 111 - 120 of 279 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re. Jam-like pack with Lid & mesh pocket
Not sure if they are available yet, or in the US... http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/Product_Type/Lightweight_Packs/Voyager_45_Pack.html

In GEAR » Jam-like pack with Lid & mesh pocket
April 18, 12:29am

Oook door
The way it slopes maxmises inside space from what I can see... I quite like gazing out of the door of my Trailstar mind you...* *although I've yet to experience foul weather in it :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Trailstar door
April 17, 2:55am

Trailstar door in Cuben (from Oookworks)
...and at 35g http://oookworks.com/OookBlog/?p=134 (Disclaimer ;-) I don't have one but I do know the chap who makes them.

In Make Your Own Gear » Trailstar door
April 17, 2:38am

Re: Are bathtub floors necessary?
In the rather squelchy UK - they are pretty much de rigeur for trips of any length...

In GEAR » Are bathtub floors necessary?
April 17, 12:35am

Tent Stakes
You'll have to explain Franco... Being English all I can manage is irony and sarcasm :-)

In GEAR » Tent Stakes
April 14, 2:03am

Tent Stakes - guyline secure shepherds hooks
I think these are what some might be looking for: bottom item on page - from Germany http://www.laufbursche-gear.de/accessoires/

In GEAR » Tent Stakes
April 14, 12:46am

Re: Sheperd’s Pass to Whitney Portal: A Variation on the standard JMT route (8/19/2011 to 8/29/2011)
Really good; thanks for posting.

In Post-Trip Reports » Sheperd’s Pass to Whitney Portal: A Variation on the standard JMT route (8/19/2011 to 8/29/2011)
April 12, 1:23pm

JMT-July. GR-20 August.
I've done both and your JMT list is way better than a Eurpean 1st timers idea of Sierra backpacking! GR20: Take a Ti nail (pilot holes, the ground - if you can find a space - is like iron...

In Gear Lists » JMT-July. GR-20 August.
April 12, 1:15pm

Finding an online store for outdoor lighting equipment?
Very soon 'Ryan' will come back with a 'I've found this place....' Been spamming UK forums. I've reported it.

In GEAR » Finding an online store for outdoor lighting equipment?
April 12, 12:26am

Re: "Pictured Rocks Trail Michigans Upper Peninsula (My first US Backpacking trip)"
Nice one. Good to see you're cutting down (sic) on the downy gear ;-)

In Post-Trip Reports » Pictured Rocks Trail Michigans Upper Peninsula (My first US Backpacking trip)
April 11, 3:36am

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am