Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rob E (eatSleepFish) - BPL Guest

My Locale Canada
About Me Fly fisherman turned ultra-lighter to access remote lakes and streams.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rob E

Showing 111 - 120 of 179 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest and greatest cooking kit?
I have a Titanium Caldera cone, and it works great. However, the great thing about alcohol stoves is that there is so much potential for someone to make their own. The lighest setup I have come...

In GEAR » Latest and greatest cooking kit?
February 21, 1:56am

Overnight treatment
My usual water treatment is to treat 2 litres of water with aquatabs in a large platypus overnight, giving it anywhere from 8-12 hours of treatment. I will have a big cup of tea in the morning and...

In GEAR » Platypus Clean Stream vs Aqua Mira
February 20, 3:21pm

I am about to order a packraft and am very interested in this discussion. One thing that I think that is interesting about the packraft for flat water is that the inherently slow hullspeed rea...

In Packrafting » Packrafting Speeds
February 20, 3:09pm

This is an interesting conversation. I use aquatab tablets to treat water, they are chlorine dioxide as well. Does anyone know how they compare with the aquatab in terms of concentration? I can...

In GEAR » Aqua Mira Exploded
February 18, 6:59pm

WPA2 encryption on your wifi router and make sure to use https on the web. Browser extensions like are good. Run the updater for whatever operating system you...

In Chaff » Wifi security
February 17, 6:35pm

Awesome unit
Waterproof, barometric pressure sensor, high-sensitivity GPS antenna, WAAS enabled, long fairly battery life, rugged. I love it. The screen is a little small. Scrolling maps with a lot of feat...

In GEAR » Garmin Etrex Vista HCx
February 16, 10:24am

speed holes
Hey Dan, I love that you dive head first into modifying every piece of gear you get. A thought about the air holes: I think fewer holes might be beneficial in the sense that you can achieve higher...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cones - My Adventures in Improving the ULC system
February 15, 5:02pm

beer can esbit
Does beer can esbit work? Is there a possibility that the esbit is too hot for the aluminum? I guess the water in the pot prevents the temperature of the aluminum from actually getting that hot

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit type tab
February 15, 4:44pm

cutting esbit
I have been interested switching to esbit, but the real barrier for me is cost. In Canada, the cheapest I can find 12 esbit cubes is $6.25 CAD. Add 13% tax and some shipping and it works out to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit type tab
February 15, 1:55pm

CAD Software?
Hi Matt, what CAD software are you using for this? Looks neat

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing door zipper (any advice?)
February 15, 10:36am

All Reader Reviews by Rob E

Rob E has posted no reviews.