Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Osburn (earn_my_turns) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I live in NJ, I play in ADK, Green Mtns., and White Mtns.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUS
My PDF Gear ListBPL Vermont Trip!!!

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Osburn

Showing 111 - 120 of 306 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...31

Forum » Thread

weather update
Snowed lightly yesterday in southern VT, snowing all day today lightly. Should total about 6" up high and down to a dusting at the trail head. Next Thursday there is a chance for a decent st...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
January 05, 8:44am

Re: Injury- Trip status in the air.
Good Luck Clint, go stick your knee in that fresh snow that fell this weekend it will be back to new in no time.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
January 03, 9:07am

I'll be bringing up the rear
I work on Friday, I am going to try and get out early, but coming from Jersey, I won't be hitting the trail head until after 7 most likely. Save me some tarp space!

January 02, 12:54pm

Re: VBL socks
Adam you aren't wrong in your assumptions. VBL has a very limited range of use before it becomes overkill or as you said disgusting. The best use for it is long term mountaineering, when plas...

January 02, 12:49pm

Re: turkey bags n further wood stove testing
Bryce I haven't trimmed the bags before, I just fold them over the top of my socks. It helps hold them in place, some people (myself included) never really have much of an issue with them stay...

January 01, 10:10am

Re: Re: VB socks
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=55433&skip_to_post=476535#476535 I have the full stephensons vbl suit that will complete i...

December 30, 2:10pm

sorry bad word choice
I meant really sad. You actually want to store it the exact opposite. Leave it about 3/4 full, dig a small snow hole about 6" deep and bury it nozzle down so that when water does freeze ...

December 28, 12:39pm

Pads
I checked your pad thread out. based on your photos I, would go with the a thicker closed cell then the neoair on top and your pack and any clothing you aren't waring under your legs. I would...

December 28, 12:25pm

Re: My Gear List (thus far)
I like it Bryce, just a few comments, I am a little nervious about your pads. What is the total R value of the 1/8 ccf pad and neoair? I also think bringing a narrow mouth platy will make you ...

December 28, 11:42am

snow dance quickly
My post about hopefully a foot of new by the weekend was for Northern VT not Southern VT. Souther VT, is looking at more winter mix/ snow based on elevation I believe. Light snow through the week...

December 28, 8:29am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Osburn

Jeremy Osburn has posted no reviews.