Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kathy A Handyside (earlymusicus) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeastern Michigan
About Me I'm getting back into backpacking after several years' hiatus. All my gear was circa 1979, so I've been gradually replacing it with lightweight new equipment. I will be retiring in 4 more years and then plan to do all the trails I've dreamed of doing. I also love xc-skiing and mt. biking. I plan to move to Oregon for retirement. Besides the outdoors, I love early and classical music;I play Baroque recorder and harpsichord. I'm a bookworm, I enjoy writing and quiet get-togethers with close friends.
CitySouthgate
StateMichigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathy A Handyside

Showing 111 - 120 of 173 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Interview with Mike Clelland!
I have both "Allen and Mike's Really Cool Backpackin' Book" and "Lighten Up!" and I'm always referring to them whenever I have a question about something. They are e...

In Editor's Roundtable » Interview with Mike Clelland!
April 15, 4:05pm

"Eleven Years Old on the PCT"
What a great story! My father introduced me to hiking when I was only 4 years old and that experience and his teachings about nature, the woods, and its residents made such an impact on me and has ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Eleven Years Old on the PCT
April 15, 3:30pm

A Country Divided: The CDT
I think we humans need such areas to in order to keep our hubris in check, and to remind us of our proper place in the scheme of things. We are a part, not apart, and certainly not above, the Earth...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail
April 11, 9:17am

It expands my soul.

April 11, 9:06am

Beautiful and inspiring photo essay! I am in awe of all of you who can do such trips! The CDT is, at the moment, something way out of my league. I can't wait to start honing my skills, and ...

April 11, 9:05am

Walking the Backbone: A Journey on the CDT
Beautiful and inspirational photos! Thank you for sharing them. I ache to see those areas for myself. Your photos make me want to ditch the house, ditch the car, have a gigantic yard sale to unl...

In Editor's Roundtable » Walking the Backbone: A Journey on the Continental Divide Trail
April 11, 8:44am

Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag
It looks like a really nice bag for the price. I think, though, that I'll continue to save up for a Montbell spiral down sleeping bag - I thrash around a lot when I sleep and I find regular (i....

In Editor's Roundtable » Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag Review
March 24, 9:24pm

Small Wonders of Latin America
Wow! These are beautiful! I especially love the hermit crab and whatever insect that is sitting on rock. National Geographic should be calling you.

In Editor's Roundtable » Small Wonders of Latin America - Global Test Photo Essay
February 15, 3:46pm

Hiking Through Hyperbole: A Walk in the Clouds
I can't express my appreciation to you, Ryan, for posting this wonderful series! Thanks so very much. I felt like I was right along, hiking behind you. You are that good of a writer. I dream of...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Through Hyperbole: A Walk in the Clouds
February 15, 3:40pm

Winter ISPO 2011
Great coverage of an interesting trade show! Thanks so much. I love looking at gear from companies not well-known here in the U.S. I'm really interested in the Soto stove.

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 4 - Technical Treats
February 10, 1:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathy A Handyside

Kathy A Handyside has posted no reviews.