BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 111 - 120 of 7390 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...739

Forum » Thread

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » PIF: Wenzel Star Lite Tent
June 15, 12:15pm

Re: UL compass suggestions
Compasses aren't heavy. IIRC, my Suunto MC-2G weighs 2.4oz. Pick a compass you can use with good accuracy rather than stressing over the weight. I like a mirrored compass and the multi-purpose ...

In GEAR » UL compass suggestions
June 14, 11:02am

Re: Wind jacket plus fleece with no rain jacket?
You need rain gear. Going without rain gear is an invitation to hypothermia. Consider a poncho for light rain gear with good coverage, including your pack. Windshirts are fantastic, but they do...

In GEAR » Wind jacket plus fleece with no rain jacket?
June 14, 10:33am

Re: Anyone one tried this cheap lightweight setup?
I think of a poncho as rain gear that has some emergency shelter options, making it a good day hiking CYA backup. I would include a bivy with any plans to use a poncho as a primary shelter. I carry...

In GEAR » Anyone one tried this cheap lightweight setup?
June 10, 9:30am

Re: Continued: New member trying to find out where to buy fabrics.
Seattle Fabrics http://www.seattlefabrics.com

In Make Your Own Gear » Continued: New member trying to find out where to buy fabrics.
June 10, 9:23am

Re: no sleep bag camping
I could see pulling it off in hot summer weather. I use a small Prolite pad when I want to get pack volume down. With that and a bivy, a poncho tarp or Gatewood Cape and all my layers on, it wouldn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » no sleep bag camping
June 09, 7:22pm

Re: smelly down.
There are a lot of references to smelly down filled products on the web. Sounds like a batch of down that wasn't cleaned properly. It's sounds like the best options are to wash it or return...

In GEAR » awesome quilt, smelly down.
June 09, 9:32am

Re: Re: DIY simple, inexpensive, and durable silver anti odor treatment?
Hehehe--- do it wrong and your skin might turn black. Some silver based compounds are know to be light sensitive :) I've had a couple polyester base layers that got smelly fast, notably a T...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY simple, inexpensive, and durable silver anti odor treatment?
June 08, 9:55am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Crumpler Wonder Weenie Bike Messenger Bag
June 08, 9:34am

Re: Beginner backpack: frameless or internal? Recommendations?
I would go for an internal frame pack. The G4 needs the very lightest loads and careful loading to work well. Something like a Gorilla or Mariposa might work better. BUY YOUR PACK LAST. You wa...

In GEAR » Beginner backpack: frameless or internal? Recommendations?
June 07, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.