BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 111 - 120 of 7173 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...718

Forum » Thread

Re: Rainier Gear List - WITH PHOTOS!
You are going to hike around the mountain or climb it? There will still be deep snow in June if hiking. Looks like you are prepared for that. We had a light snowpack until the last month and then i...

In Gear Lists » Rainier Gear List - WITH PHOTOS!
March 23, 2:38pm

Re: Hard To Find Backpacking Gear
While you are pondering such things, also ask yourself, "Why did Kamakazi pilots wear helmets?"

In Chaff » Hard To Find Backpacking Gear
March 23, 11:36am

Re: Pretty stiff
"Now I don't recommend them for my patients, especially not for cats or tiny dogs." I've never had a good experience trying to put a finger in a cat's mouth :) Like jamming...

In GEAR » Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush?
March 23, 11:30am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Lowe Alpine Wind Pants, Men's Large w/ 34" Inseam
March 23, 11:24am

Re: Water purification alternatives?
Ultraviolet treatment is about all that is left. The Steripen line is the 800 pound gorilla in that corner. You may need to prefilter water that is cloudy for full effect. They do run on batteries ...

In GEAR » Water purification alternatives?
March 23, 11:19am

Re: Backpacking solo
I have to assume that if you brought it up, you do want to give it a try. You have our permission to go on a solo hike. Take the 10 essentials, hike on an established trail, tell someone wh...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking solo
March 23, 11:05am

Re: Re: Pack compression
Jennifer wrote, "The other issue is that one of the side pockets will be a tall one for my shelter...if I do the zig zag cord, that can go under the pocket; a traditions webbing strap design w...

In GEAR » Pack compression
March 22, 7:23pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Lowe Alpine Wind Pants, Men's Large w/ 34" Inseam
March 21, 7:43pm

Re: Stairways of San Francisco - 568 Stairways in 4 Days
Excellent! I love San Francisco and what a great way to see all the nooks and crannies that make the city so special There is a stairway walk book on Seattle too. As well as several urban walk...

In Post-Trip Reports » Stairways of San Francisco - 568 Stairways in 4 Days
March 21, 12:51pm

Re: Backpacking solo
I prefer solo backpacking. I go at my own pace and find real peace in the solitude. If you've never been truly alone, you may find it very empowering. There are bits about solitude in There...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking solo
March 21, 12:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.