BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 111 - 120 of 7451 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...746

Forum » Thread

Seattle Yard Sale: Concluded
Concluded, thanks!

In Gear Deals » Seattke Yard Sale, UL Items and More! July 11-12 9am-3pm.
July 10, 8:40pm

Re: WTB: Stickers
Max, I've seen hand painted frames that were incredible. Leafy vines, animal prints, airbrushed pseudo-graffiti. The possibilities are endless. Think faux painting techniques using feathers, sp...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Stickers
July 10, 9:17am

Re: Re: Cold oatmeal replacement for quick breakfast
Granola bars would be my first no-cook breakfast. But then you would find me with no coffee, which would add to the legends of evil transformation beasts. +1 on bagels early in the trip. Add La...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cold oatmeal replacement for quick breakfast
July 10, 8:57am

Re: How many sleeping bags do you own?
For PNW 3 season, three. I have a Moonstone 32f synthetic mummy and a Mountain Hardware Lamina 20. I also have a Therm-a-Rest Tech Blanket for hot weather, but I use more around the house as a ...

In GEAR » How many sleeping bags do you own?
July 10, 8:37am

Re: Re: Re: PNW GGG
I'm thinking of something with some pizzazz: Mt Rainier, Mt. Baker, Olympics, North Cascades--- old growth somewhere. There are lots of group camps. I'll get to work on it soon, but I'm...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anyone up for a Western Washington UL GGG?
July 09, 7:39pm

Re: tripod weight
Light tripods aren't as effective. They need to be wobble free and weight helps dampen vibrations. And yeah, that is in opposition to basic UL principles. If you can get something with sturdy j...

In GEAR » It just works! Ultralight Tripod Case
July 09, 9:05am

Re: dog pack
Those plastic pieces are lash tabs: http://www.seattlefabrics.com/sewable_hardware.html

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » attaching pad to dog pack
July 07, 11:56pm

Re: Alarm Clock
I found a Sharp SPC446 that is 2.0oz on my scale with a CR2032 battery. It has a light and a thermometer too. You bump it on the bottom to snooze or turn the light on. Roughly 3-5/8" tall x 2&...

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
July 07, 3:32pm

Withdrawn by seller/sold
Withdrawn by seller/sold

In Gear Swap » FS: Bottoms up! Men's long johns, medium and large
July 07, 10:08am

SOLD: REI Winterflyte Wind Shirt, Men's XL LAST CALL
SOLD to JN

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Winterflyte Wind Shirt, Men's XL
July 07, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.