Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 111 - 120 of 7913 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...792

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: big group charity sale, Arc'Teryx, Garmont, First Ascent, Osprey, Gregory, cannon, Marmot, Cloudveil, Camelback, LaSportiva, Zamberlan, Mountain Hardware
NM, too late!

In Gear Swap » FS: big group charity sale, Arc'Teryx, Garmont, First Ascent, Osprey, Gregory, cannon, Marmot, Cloudveil, Camelback, LaSportiva, Zamberlan, Mountain Hardware
March 18, 9:41am

Re: Primus Micron Lantern $14.98
Great for car/base camping and using up those half-filled canisters.

In Gear Deals » Primus Micron Lantern $14.98
March 18, 9:38am

Re: long rain jackets?
LL Bean: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/63187?page=stowaway-coat-with-gore-tex http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68420?feat=68165-pprrright (2.5 layer) Don't know the weights and inquiri...

In GEAR » long rain jackets?
March 17, 10:22pm

SOLD: US Army Woobie POncho LIner Blanket
Sold to KK: Wanna buy a woobie? I got one to use for a project and never got around to it. I think this would rock as camp insulation with a head hole sewn in it. Other uses are as an all-purpose b...

In Gear Swap » FS: US Army Woobie POncho LIner Blanket
March 17, 3:15pm

Re: beginner fleece question
Here is the breakdown on the Regulator fabrics from the Patagonia web page at http://www.patagonia.com/us/patagonia.go?assetid=2300 Note that only R4 has a windproof membrane. The rest really ne...

In Make Your Own Gear » beginner fleece question
March 17, 3:04pm

Re: Lightest knife to baton small pieces of wood?
Pick a stainless Mora Allround. That will get your fingers out of the way and the low cost wont make you cry if you break it. I *could* split small stuff with a Vic paring knife, but it would b...

In GEAR » Lightest knife to baton small pieces of wood?
March 16, 10:19pm

Re: Backpack Selection Advice
With the weights you want to carry, I would stay with the pack you have. When switching to ultralight, you want to buy your pack last, not first. That allows working on other expensive items li...

In GEAR » Backpack Selection Advice
March 16, 3:38pm

Re: cup to nest in SP 700
My insulated cup herd: Innate Doppio double-wall stainless "tumbler," 6 fluid oz, 3.8oz weight, 2-3/4" x 3-7/8" Innate Doppio double-wall stainless "tumbler,", 8...

In GEAR » cup to nest in SP 700
March 16, 11:49am

Re: nice chemistry trick; probably not to everyone's taste...
Aye, Laddie, there are legions of old Scots turning in their graves. An abomination to the whole purpose of having a wee dram as the sun sets :)

In On the Web » Palcohol approved by TTB
March 14, 4:32pm

Re: UL battery/power pack for camera
Spare batteries are the easiest way to go, IMHO. I have a USB battery pack that charges my iPhone 2+ times, but it evidently doesn't have the current to charge my Kindle Fire HD in any reas...

In GEAR » UL battery/power pack for camera
March 14, 4:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.