BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 111 - 120 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

computer program for MYOG projects
I have posted this question a couple of other places, but I haven't gotten an answer that I've been satisfied with. The question is "what's a good (preferably a free download) pro...

In Make Your Own Gear » computer program for MYOG projects
November 29, 12:14pm

Re: Beginner Tent Choice
Lance, My first advice to you would be to save as much money as you can and maybe bump up your price range. As fellow poor college aged male I understand the money limits you have, but i w...

In GEAR » Beginner Tent Choice
November 29, 12:03pm

cone spin....maybe?
I have been thinking about how to make a cone set up for my Heiney pot with materials that i already have. I have wire mesh, foil and the Heiney pot. Two questions: does anyone see why this would...

In Make Your Own Gear » cone spin....maybe?
November 28, 1:56pm

Re: Water Treatment
water treatment for drinking? or waterproofing treatment for clothes?

In GEAR » Water Treatment
November 28, 1:23pm

Re: Alcohol stoves - down to what temp will they typically work?
I agree with the folks here. keep your alcohol warm (this just helps by making lighting easier) and you may need a priming pan (even if your model doesn't require priming. The key is to get yo...

In GEAR » Alcohol stoves - down to what temp will they typically work?
November 28, 1:21pm

Re: RE: Stove Help PLEASE!!!
Thanks for the info a while back Michael, but I am still having problems getting the thumb screw to stay in place. This is the first time I have really played with these stoves since my ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stove Help PLEASE!!!
November 25, 11:30pm

gear testing
is there a place where you can have gear sent to you to test. and do any of these places let you keep the gear you test. this is a shot in the dark, i think i remember someone telling me about a ...

In Chaff » gear testing
November 25, 2:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Mixing Alcohols
just saw your post again, and this time it was a chart (guess my browser was messing up). Looks like you tried each mix three times?

In Make Your Own Gear » Mixing Alcohols
November 24, 1:43pm

Re: Re: Mixing Alcohols
Mark, This is some really good stuff! I really enjoy hearing how you mixing escapades go, because it helps me tweak my experiments. So, if I'm reading this correctly, you had the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mixing Alcohols
November 24, 1:41pm

stove efficiency
Now that it's getting colder, soda can stoves aren't working as well as they did in the warmer summer months. I know it is because of the cold, but since this is my first winter with soda ...

In Make Your Own Gear » stove efficiency
November 24, 10:24am

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.