BPL Community Profile

M G (drown) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Shenandoah
About Me Climber. caver. Cartographer. Have hiked, caved, climbed and mapped in Asia, N. & S. America.

Currently planning on 8 days in the upper Kern September 2014.A desert SW trip in May, ski touring in the Canadian Rockies in April and Costa Rican volcanoes in Feb.
CityWashington
StateDC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M G

Showing 111 - 120 of 568 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...57

Forum » Thread

Water
You are seriously under estimating how much you will need to drink with a 10oz container and no real snow melting ability.

In Gear Lists » LIST: SUL below freezing possible?
March 29, 5:03pm

Not much
Arc Blast pack could save you some weight. That is the only real place I can see you have some real room to cut, everything else will be just small moves. As listed an xlite can save a few ounc...

In Gear Lists » 2014 Gear List
March 29, 11:21am

Pasayten
Sounds adequate. This region is in the rain shadow of the cascades and precip. may be negligible.

In Pre-Trip Planning » north cascades-pasayten wilderness
March 29, 6:46am

Re: FS: Ibex M’s Indie Hoodie,Snow Peak Ti 1.4L Pot, Patagonia Micropuff / DAS Pants and Stretch Microburst Rain Pants, Salomon M’s Exclaim Hiking Shoes, OR Paclite Rando Cap, Hind W’s Long Sleeve Zip Top
I'm all logged into my Paypal account...

In Gear Swap » FS: Ibex M’s Indie Hoodie,Snow Peak Ti 1.4L Pot, Patagonia Micropuff / DAS Pants and Stretch Microburst Rain Pants, Salomon M’s Exclaim Hiking Shoes, OR Paclite Rando Cap, Hind W’s Long Sleeve Zip Top
March 28, 6:47pm

Permission weight
This falls in the category of permission weight: as in "Honey I'll carry this useless tracking device to make you feel reassured nothing will happen to me if you let me got on this backpac...

In GEAR » Whats the point of Spot Gen 3? Same weight after batteries?
March 28, 6:42pm

Improvements
I used several gen.2 SPOT devices for tracking some folks a few years ago. We made a number of suggestions to SPOT. Some of them seem to have been implemented. They relate to how the device behave...

In GEAR » Whats the point of Spot Gen 3? Same weight after batteries?
March 27, 7:14pm

Regional
"I think part of it is simply regional; being in the southwest there simply isn't much to do with a hatchet if I'm not looking for things to do with a hatchet." Growing up in a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
March 27, 6:59pm

Husqvarna hatchet 31$
Not as cool but a good, still lightweight axe at a fraction of the cost

In Editor's Roundtable » Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
March 25, 8:54pm

Xlite women's version
You might want to consider this pad as well. Slightly longer, and more insulated.

In GEAR » Which 3/4 length inflatable sleeping pad will you pick?
March 23, 7:26pm

Why
850FP Down and Karo baffles, plus light fabrics. No one is currently making a quilt with 850 FP non-treated down.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2013 EE Revelation 10 or O
March 21, 7:23am

All Reader Reviews by M G

M G has posted no reviews.