BPL Community Profile

Don Meredith (donmeredith) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SouthEast
About Me 39 year old living in Greenville, SC. I grew up playing in the woods of the PeeDee region of SC. I'm an avid cyclist with a new found passion for bikepacking. I do most of my bike camping, hiking, kayaking and cycling in SC, NC & GA. I've settled in at about 10 to 12 pounds completely loaded at this point - a balance of comfort walking and in camp.
CityGreenville
StateSouth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://lightpack.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListOvernight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Meredith

Showing 111 - 120 of 477 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...48

Forum » Thread

UL pillows that don't feel like a ballon
I've been through a lot of them. So far, all of the pneumatics feel like a balloon to me (tried Montbell, Exped & Kookabay). The best out of those was the Exped because of the profile and t...

In GEAR » Ul pillows that don't feel like a ballon
April 18, 5:48am

FS: MSR HyperFlow Water Filter - Never Used $70
I know this filter got some bad initial press but I love mine. Its very fast, easy to backflush after you read the directions and its small. DM

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR HyperFlow Water Filter - Never Used $80
April 11, 7:15pm

Bikepacking frame bags
My Revelate Designs frame bag arrived today. GREAT gear on par with the gear that we all love from the cottage guys like MLD, Gossamer, Trail Designs, etc. There's a detailed review on m...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bikepacking frame bags
April 01, 7:05pm

The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record
We both ride singlespeed! ;) DM

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record
April 01, 7:00pm

Video of my cook kit
Nice stove design and review. Have a good walk!

In Make Your Own Gear » Video of my cook kit
March 30, 2:51am

Citizen EcoDrive Watch
This one isn't backpacking gear per se but it might be interesting because its Ti. I got this as a gift but its never been worn more than twice because its just not my style. I love the design ...

In Gear Swap » Citizen EcoDrive Watch
March 29, 1:12pm

Sealant to prevent marker wipe
I use clear packing tape. Its wide enough to cover the whole surface - same idea as scotch tape, though. DM

In GEAR » Sealant to prevent marker wipe?
March 27, 7:14am

Non Scientific Comparison for fun
Love it. Nice post. Clickable links for the lazy people like me. First Video Second Video Don Meredith lightpack.blogspot.com

In GEAR » Non Scientific Comparison for fun
March 26, 6:05am

400ml mug with lid
Give the guys at AntiGravity Gear a shot. They're the best and may be able to help. If they're out you can go over to REI ... its the same mug. I have the single wall version and really lik...

In Gear Deals » Not your typical
March 24, 6:00am

MYOG Tarp and Bivy
David, I'm curious how your MYOG bivy is holding up. I'm considering making something very similar and would like to get your experience after having the bivy in the wild for several months...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tarp and Bivy
March 23, 6:30am

All Reader Reviews by Don Meredith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My Contrail lives up to every aspect of my expectations except one,the web page claims that it has a one piece bathtub floor, this is not the case, mine has a seam across the the floor about 2 feet fr...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 13, 7:09am