BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 111 - 120 of 399 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...40

Forum » Thread

who
Dave T, Who is being marginalized ? when someone answers a question that I post - I dont look for a M, I am glad someone took the time to answer me. Dave

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 5:08pm

great idea
Richard, I like it. I've watched some of Mike's you-tubes and he has quite of way of explaining light hiking. Maybe it could be incorporated with the stair-step idea. 1 for light / UL /...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 4:23pm

great
This is turning into a great discussion. Just got home from work and noticed most of the discussion was civil, with real suggestions for improvement. My condolences to Ryan - losing a family member...

December 19, 3:21pm

nice to hear other viewpoints
It is very informative to hear other people’s constructive viewpoints and critiques of this site. For me, it is more than adequate for the required membership, as I enjoy the articles, gear revie...

December 19, 4:42am

adopt -a - member program
I am totally serious about this. If you are really cash strapped and can't afford a membership,(I've been there) I propose that members that can afford it - gift a 1yr membership. consid...

December 18, 10:09pm

lids
HMM, the lid for my snowpeak 1400 is suppose to be a fry pan. I usually leave it at home and only take the set if my wife is going with me. I'll have to check it out. I've seen other cook s...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Frying pan angst
December 18, 5:51pm

wow, relax - voos-ffraaaa-ba
Relax, this is just a web-site. There are more important things in life (hiking for example) Personal atacks - sniping each other. shame shame. Get along - or I will make you stare at each o...

In Chaff » Another Rant: Not worth paying to sell on BPL
December 18, 5:37pm

re:Steripen Opti set up
Nice, A very simple and light setup. I have been carying a wide-mouth naglene canteen, but this is a lighter option....I llike How long does one filter last? Dave

In Philosophy & Technique » Steripen Opti set up
December 18, 6:42am

awesome
You kids are lucky to have a dad like you. Man, I would have killed for a playset like that when I was a kid. I suppose I'll have to spoil the grandkids once I get some. Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Climbing wall
December 17, 5:36am

open letter to R C
If you read my Original post,then you should be thanking me for my easy solution to your problem. Instead you go on and on for 3 more pages. I am a simple man and don't understand why you would...

December 17, 5:32am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am