BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 111 - 120 of 890 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...89

Forum » Thread

Re: ! to .
I looked on dot.com and I couldn't find any instructions for turning my old o into .s - I'm thinking I should be able to make several of them from the old o. Do you think I could use a Ja...

In Gear Swap » .
May 30, 2:22pm

Re: GPS
Ben - what exactly do you mean by "shut down" the phone service? I assume you're talking about something other than removing the sim card. I have an S3 and do set it so that Mobile ...

In GEAR » Using a Smartphone as GPS on the Trail ?
May 30, 2:11pm

Re: .
This is why I love BPL. I mean, for years I hauled around a 'o' until I read about using .s instead...a huge baseweight reduction! But did I tell you about the group I passed once, ...

In Gear Swap » .
May 30, 9:28am

Re: Re: Re: complicated subject
Justin, IIRC the cysts happen in a small percentage of tapeworm infections, which is why we don't hear about them every day - but they do happen...which is obvious if you start searching YouTub...

In GEAR » Do I have any other option for a water purifier a part from the Steripen and Sawyer models?
May 29, 9:15pm

Re: complicated subject
Stephen, regarding tapeworms: Not sure if you're aware, but it's not always simply a matter of a simple treatment like for Giardia for some species. Echinococcus granulosis (the one found ...

In GEAR » Do I have any other option for a water purifier a part from the Steripen and Sawyer models?
May 29, 8:47pm

Re: 2014 GoLite 10L Rush vs the 14L
I don't think you'll regret the extra 3 oz. Having a more substantial hipbelt will also be nice if you're carrying 5L of water!! I was going to say that my choice would have been for ...

In GEAR » 2014 GoLite 10L Rush vs the 14L
May 29, 2:23pm

Re: 2014 GoLite 10L Rush vs the 14L
I have an older 11L size Rush which I love (generously PIF'd to me by Nathan Myerson), but I would think the 10L should have room for what you have listed with a full 3L water bladder - theoret...

In GEAR » 2014 GoLite 10L Rush vs the 14L
May 29, 2:03pm

Re: Tent Floor Material - tyvek?
For my next DIY project, I'm thinking of making a replaceable tyvek bathtub floor. I realize this might not work in really wet conditions, but the rains we encounter are generally not the sort...

In Make Your Own Gear » Optimum Tent Floor Material with or without groundsheet.
May 29, 9:25am

Re: Re: Re: JMT Record Attempts - 2014
"I walked past the Rock Monster twice without see it, while I was looking for it and "going slow"." Well, then I guess I can't give Aaron a hard time about missing it. I...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT Record Attempts - 2014
May 27, 7:39pm

Re: JMT Record Attempts - 2014
"I love how most people think that you all of a sudden can't see anything while you hike just a little faster." Yeah, but didn't you say last year that you'd done the JMT t...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT Record Attempts - 2014
May 27, 6:50pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm