Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 111 - 120 of 904 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: Any diabetics here?
There have been discussions on backpacking.net between at least a few diabetics who backpack - you might look over there. I think it was in their Backcountry Health & Safety subforum.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Any diabetics here?
June 15, 9:49pm

Re: Re: How to stop toenail loss?
+1 to what Ken says. You may need a shoe with a toe box that has more vertical room as well (my big toenails kind of swoop up at the ends and so I need the height in the toe box in order to not bu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to stop toenail loss?
June 15, 1:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: FS- sea to summit nano net, never used, NWT
Thank YOU! A great deal on something I've been curious about.

In Gear Swap » FS- sea to summit nano net, never used, NWT
June 14, 12:04pm

Re: Re: Jerry/Kifaru chair
Franco and Steve - How did you construct your chairs with the crossed poles? I tried making something like the Kifaru chair for my trekking poles but only having an online picture that wasn't...

In Philosophy & Technique » Technique: How do you Sit on the Ground (Comfortably)?
June 13, 11:29pm

Re: Re: FS- sea to summit nano net, never used, NWT
I'll give it a try. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS- sea to summit nano net, never used, NWT
June 13, 8:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: I have one week to figure out mosquito protection for my family
I got my tulle here (on the advice of Peter V): http://www.giftsintl.com/tullefabric.php

In Make Your Own Gear » I have one week to figure out mosquito protection for my family
June 13, 5:38pm

Re: New gear coming from ZPacks
A new tent...he said a new tent...just what I need, another model of tent to obsess over! I hope I finish my DIY tent first before his comes out, otherwise I might have to redesign it halfway thro...

In GEAR » New gear coming from ZPacks
June 13, 3:09pm

Re: More Temptations
Happy to help! I like the idea of using the sit pad with it. You look pretty happy in that picture ;-) Though maybe you should get out of the sun; you're looking older by the minute...

In Philosophy & Technique » Technique: How do you Sit on the Ground (Comfortably)?
June 03, 5:15pm

Re: Discipline
I think there was a thread on something like this a long while back... http://www.instructables.com/id/Seatless-strap-chair/

June 03, 12:27pm

Re: Re: Re: noob botched her first summer quilt!
You could try basting by hand first with long (3/4 - 1") stitches, very close to where the machine stitching will go - that would be through the apex, argon, and newspaper layers. You can als...

In Make Your Own Gear » noob botched her first summer quilt!
June 01, 10:15am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm