BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 111 - 120 of 749 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Hygiene
"My next question is can you get E Coli or other bacteria from your Poop, onto your hands, and back into your mouth which then causes symptoms." Not with normal flora, according to the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia Outbreak
November 16, 2:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hygiene
Hi, Jerry - " I would like to hear some more definitive data about this." From the Merck manual at http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gastrointestinal_disorders/gastroenterit...

November 16, 1:02pm

Re: Purell
Randy, I have a vague recollection that the infection control officer at our hospital passed around an article that said hand sanitizers were more effective on viruses than on bacteria, but my m...

November 16, 12:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hygiene
The E. coli outbreaks referred to are of toxin-producing E. coli, not normal flora types. http://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/outbreaks.html

November 16, 12:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hygiene
Of course you can infect yourself with normal flora in normally sterile sites, like nicking the gut and leaking bacteria into the bloodstream. I'm not forgetting it, it's just not part of ...

November 16, 12:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hygiene
Hi again, Roger - My main "reference" is an esteemed clinical microbiologist of some 30+ years of experience and education in the field, an author of some nationally recognized studies...

November 16, 10:39am

Re: Re: Hygiene
Roger, Are you saying that one gets sick by not hand washing and therefore ingesting the E. coli that one just excreted? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that is what it sounds like you are...

November 16, 1:28am

Re: FS: Odds and Ends (and an old Arctic 1000)
I'll take the hipbelt pockets if they are available. edit: corrected ^&*^*(% cellphone spelling error!

In Gear Swap » FS: Odds and Ends (and an old Arctic 1000)
November 08, 6:08pm

Thanks, Ian
+1 I've been looking for a used Starlite, now I can afford a new one!

In Gear Deals » Six Moons Designs
November 06, 11:30pm

bad dream
OK, so last night I had a dream (probably inspired by a book I'm reading) that the sun's power was running out, and in a few days life as we know it would be over. Everyone was just hang...

In Chaff » bad dream
November 01, 9:51am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm