BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 111 - 120 of 826 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...83

Forum » Thread

Re: Forget the schnozzle
"using a regular garden variety garbage can pack liner to blow up an air pad" I like that concept...will have to try it on my Xtherm! [edit: two rounds with a kitchen size bag fille...

In Multiple Use Gear » Schnozzle schmozzle
February 28, 11:12am

Re: Sea to summit
"Made from some new 15D mesh, whatever that is" Hexagonal mesh? sounds like tulle to me.

In GEAR » Longer head net suggestions please
February 26, 9:25pm

Re: Re: Feeling spontaneous? Join a Pacific Biodiversity Institute reconnaissance expedition, March 15-30, 2014
To be fair to Mr. Morrison, he originally posted it in another forum (maybe Group Trip announcements, I can't remember) and Roger Caffin moved it here... Just sayin' :) But it does fe...

In Gear Deals » Feeling spontaneous? Join a Pacific Biodiversity Institute reconnaissance expedition, March 15-30, 2014
February 25, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Why Isn't There an UL Alcohol Type Stove that Bruns White Gas?
Several years ago, one of the big companies (I think it was MSR) had a prototype non pressurized white gas type stove that used a ceramic filter that somehow created pressure via capillary action ...

In GEAR » Why Isn't There an UL Alcohol Type Stove that Bruns White Gas?
February 23, 12:46am

Re: Packable Min/Max Thermometer
They may still work if the probe is not immersed; I know my instant read kitchen thermometer, which looks a little like those, seems to read the room temperature before I stick it into whatever I&#...

In GEAR » Packable Min/Max Thermometer
February 21, 5:25pm

Re: Aurora Borealis
Oh. My. Gosh. Those are amazing. I was thrilled to see the aurora many years ago in Alaska in the summer, up around Admiralty Island, but they were tame compared to these. Looking at this on...

In Photo Gallery » Aurora Borealis
February 20, 12:15am

Re: re: Sourdough on the Trail?
If the dough is still fairly sticky I do sprinkle flour on the silnylon, or on the outside of the dough ball. And no, I don't knead it, just stretch it as far as it will comfortably go, then d...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sourdough on the Trail?
February 16, 1:00pm

Re: Sourdough on the Trail?
These are all great bread ideas for the trail. But since the OP was asking specifically about sourdough - it occurs to me that perhaps making sourdough flatbread would be the least time consumi...

February 16, 10:33am

Re: Sourdough on the Trail?
Someone (Laurie March, I think) talks about doing that in one of her cookbooks, raising the dough overnight in the foot of her sleeping bag. Obviously not for bear country! At home, I've do...

February 15, 6:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Hand sanitizer. @Gary Dunckel, Everclear.
I thought it was only the higher proof Everclear that wasn't sold in CA; I've purchased the lower proof (151 proof) at BevMo to make limoncello with a number of times.

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 15, 3:27pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm