BPL Community Profile

Lawton Grinter (disco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Bowler with Hiking Problem
CityDenver
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://twitter.com/lawtong

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lawton Grinter

Showing 111 - 120 of 151 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

komperdell
i have had a few problems here and there with the twist locks. a couple things to keep it mind: avoid really over-tightening them - remember it's just some plastic in there doing the holdin...

In GEAR » Trekking pole newbie questions what makes 1 better than another, solid/adjustable,why? Recommendations
June 26, 3:44pm

cataract
eric, here's the info on the reroute... there are maps here too. http://www.coloradotrail.org/reroute.html have a great time!

In GEAR » colorado trail - raingear and stove
June 26, 8:47am

trekking poles.
like doug, once i tried them, i knew i'd never go back. why use them? easier on the knees downhill, help pull yourself uphill, safety on snow and stream crossings or any loose ground, more p...

In GEAR » Trekking pole newbie questions what makes 1 better than another, solid/adjustable,why? Recommendations
June 25, 9:49pm

colorado trail - raingear and stove
hi all. i'm off for a 19 day thru-hike of the colorado trail shortly, and as always, i'm considering options for gear. specifically, i wondered about raingear and a stove. 1. raingear...

In GEAR » colorado trail - raingear and stove
June 25, 4:09pm

Re: Comandante Sub-Zero Presents:
if you are doing parts of the shr, i'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. i did it all last year. sounds like you've got it all pretty well in hand though! nice gear list.

In Gear Lists » Comandante Sub-Zero Presents:
June 20, 5:56pm

Has Anyone completed the Minima Vest kit from thru-hiker.com?
I´m looking at making the Mimina Vest kit from thru-hiker as opposed to buying a Montbell Thermawrap Vest ($110) or the BWM Cocoon Vest (not available) or a PossumDown Vest ($135). The Minima Ve...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has Anyone completed the Minima Vest kit from thru-hiker.com?
June 12, 10:01am

2007 kelty sunshade large at REI
not sure if anyone else wants one, but i was happy to see the 2007 kelty sunshade (large) on sale at rei for $120 (instead of $170). with tax and free shipping to my local rei store, it was $129. i...

In Gear Deals » 2007 kelty sunshade large at REI
May 08, 11:04am

nov.dec.
my 6 boxes were all nov or dec 2007. 90 bars for 14 bucks total? nice.

In Gear Deals » Balance Bars at Amazon.com
May 08, 8:45am

google.
just search "sierra trading post coupon" on google and see what you get. for example, fatwallet lists some coupon codes. try 54400. 20% off 75 dollar order.

In Gear Deals » STP Coupons anyone?
May 08, 8:25am

Re: fixed length poles
yes, just go with the 90 degree angle of the elbows. don't get anti-shock ones. i have rei ul carbon fiber ones, and i cut the straps off them. i used to use the straps, but after about a month...

In GEAR » fixed length poles
May 04, 1:08am

All Reader Reviews by Lawton Grinter

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Salomon XA Comp 2
I have now owned 3 pairs of XA Comp 2´s. I´ve put between 600-700 trail miles on each pair and I´m not kidding. The cushioning and stock insole in the Comp 2 is amazing and they can usually be found...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 07, 12:38pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek Plus Poles
During my 2004 PCT hike on into 2006 I had seen a few sets of carbon fiber trekking poles on the trail but had immediately discounted them after hearing stories of carbon poles snapping like twigs a...

In Trekking Poles
August 27, 5:10pm

Gossamer Gear Miniposa
In 2006, I hiked the Continental Divide Trail southbound from Canada to Mexico with a Gossamer Gear Mariposa Backpack. This was the most comfortable backpack I have ever used on a long distance hike,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 27, 5:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I recently purchased a set of the DriDucks Micropore Rainsuit from BPL.com. BPL says that "in 2007, the Drop Stoppers brand was purchased by Frogg Toggs and replaced with DriDucks." ...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 15, 12:55pm

Tarptent Squall
The Squall 2.0 is a nice 2-person shelter for long or short hikes. Lightweight, and plenty of room for 2 people to sleep in, with your backpack and gear tucked away above, under and below you. The n...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 20, 6:38pm