BPL Community Profile

Lawton Grinter (disco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Bowler with Hiking Problem
CityDenver
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://twitter.com/lawtong

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lawton Grinter

Showing 111 - 120 of 147 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Comandante Sub-Zero Presents:
if you are doing parts of the shr, i'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. i did it all last year. sounds like you've got it all pretty well in hand though! nice gear list.

In Gear Lists » Comandante Sub-Zero Presents:
June 20, 5:56pm

Has Anyone completed the Minima Vest kit from thru-hiker.com?
I´m looking at making the Mimina Vest kit from thru-hiker as opposed to buying a Montbell Thermawrap Vest ($110) or the BWM Cocoon Vest (not available) or a PossumDown Vest ($135). The Minima Ve...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has Anyone completed the Minima Vest kit from thru-hiker.com?
June 12, 10:01am

2007 kelty sunshade large at REI
not sure if anyone else wants one, but i was happy to see the 2007 kelty sunshade (large) on sale at rei for $120 (instead of $170). with tax and free shipping to my local rei store, it was $129. i...

In Gear Deals » 2007 kelty sunshade large at REI
May 08, 11:04am

nov.dec.
my 6 boxes were all nov or dec 2007. 90 bars for 14 bucks total? nice.

In Gear Deals » Balance Bars at Amazon.com
May 08, 8:45am

google.
just search "sierra trading post coupon" on google and see what you get. for example, fatwallet lists some coupon codes. try 54400. 20% off 75 dollar order.

In Gear Deals » STP Coupons anyone?
May 08, 8:25am

Re: fixed length poles
yes, just go with the 90 degree angle of the elbows. don't get anti-shock ones. i have rei ul carbon fiber ones, and i cut the straps off them. i used to use the straps, but after about a month...

In GEAR » fixed length poles
May 04, 1:08am

thanks.
i thought the "non-amazon seller" was the problem, but i thought i made sure to only select amazon.com items the first time around. but "narrowing by seller" function is the way...

May 01, 5:49pm

didn't get it.
hey there. i tried to order three boxes and use the code, and it wouldn't work. any ideas? thanks!

May 01, 11:44am

Re: Foretrex 101 and Lithium Batteries
sounds good.

In GEAR » Foretrex 101 and Lithium Batteries
April 13, 8:14pm

i'll take it.
thanks roger!

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering Caribou MF
April 06, 12:31am

All Reader Reviews by Lawton Grinter

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Salomon XA Comp 2
I have now owned 3 pairs of XA Comp 2´s. I´ve put between 600-700 trail miles on each pair and I´m not kidding. The cushioning and stock insole in the Comp 2 is amazing and they can usually be found...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 07, 12:38pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek Plus Poles
During my 2004 PCT hike on into 2006 I had seen a few sets of carbon fiber trekking poles on the trail but had immediately discounted them after hearing stories of carbon poles snapping like twigs a...

In Trekking Poles
August 27, 5:10pm

Gossamer Gear Miniposa
In 2006, I hiked the Continental Divide Trail southbound from Canada to Mexico with a Gossamer Gear Mariposa Backpack. This was the most comfortable backpack I have ever used on a long distance hike,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 27, 5:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I recently purchased a set of the DriDucks Micropore Rainsuit from BPL.com. BPL says that "in 2007, the Drop Stoppers brand was purchased by Frogg Toggs and replaced with DriDucks." ...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 15, 12:55pm

Tarptent Squall
The Squall 2.0 is a nice 2-person shelter for long or short hikes. Lightweight, and plenty of room for 2 people to sleep in, with your backpack and gear tucked away above, under and below you. The n...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 20, 6:38pm