Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 111 - 120 of 657 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Ads
I wouldn't characterize the decision to limit advertisement as akin hailing from the "Dark Ages." I have no insight into the decision process, or if a decision regarding advertising w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 12:03pm

Re: Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
I honestly believe this entire argument could have been avoided had the original poster more carefully chosen his words. Here is a quick example of how I believe it would have been more effectiv...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 12:01am

Re: Whatever
Having used both a tarp and a tent on the PCT, I agree that this is a preference issue. This might sound strange, but I found that ended up fiddling a lot more wiht a tarp setup than I ever did wit...

In GEAR » PCT: Tent or Tarp
December 16, 12:51am

Re: food on longer trips
I agree with the experience of other and more experienced long-distance hikers. Unless you are very thin to begin with, you can go quite a while before your food needs ramp up. In my case it was...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transitioning from 3-4 Day Trips to Two Weeks (and Beyond)
December 10, 1:40am

+1 on Caldera Cone
I didn't have the fancy one, just the basic cone and it worked great. I did wreck mine in an unfortunate accident midway through the trip and it limped home but was retired shortly after we fin...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
November 28, 9:05pm

Re: Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
I think the advice here is excellent. I agree that the Circuit is an excellent pack - personally, I'd be less inclined to swap out a pack if it felt good. Pack weight by the end of the Sierra w...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
November 27, 1:59am

Re: Wonderland Trail Maps
Esther - I don't think you can buy single maps from Green Trails online however, you can from REI. You can buy single 269S maps at REI but also order online from REI here. Write me at...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wonderland Trail Maps
November 16, 10:18pm

Re: Wonderland Trail Maps
Hey! I live near Tacoma and I can tell you the map you want is the Green Trail Maps 269S. This is a relatively new map that puts the entire Wonderland on one map. You can buy it at the Green Tra...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wonderland Trail Maps
November 15, 1:58am

Re: Sony NEX Lens Impressions
Rick - Thank you for sharing your experience with the new Nikons and others...That's the kind of real-life experience I crave - so often when you go to the forums at dpreview or other sites ...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
November 15, 12:33am

Re: Sony NEX Lens Impressions
Rick - You are the second person with whom I've conversed that has had favorable impressions of Nikon's latest offering. I think when it first came out enthusiasts were disappointed by t...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
November 13, 10:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.