Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 111 - 120 of 608 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...61

Forum » Thread

well, not quite the only
Ibex has one, they call it the W2 Sport Zip. Then, there's cycling and running jerseys too, but those tend to be rather slim fitting.

In GEAR » Cheaper wool gear: Minus33
March 05, 3:57pm

thanks!
Thanks for the tip! They offer women's in larger sizes, something I've been looking for. Now, if I can convince them to produce a zip-T s/s for women....

In GEAR » Cheaper wool gear: Minus33
March 05, 11:50am

Which direction?
Thanks, AndE, that's more specific an answer than I had hoped for--performance evaluation of the actual fabric I'm looking at is more than I had hoped for! Now, for a stupid question. M...

In Make Your Own Gear » size of grid in waffle fleece
March 02, 7:40pm

size of grid in waffle fleece
I'd like to make myself a regulator fleece vest. I'm looking at some fleece samples from Seattle Fabrics. All fabrics are polyester, but some have larger squares (5 mm) and some have tini...

In Make Your Own Gear » size of grid in waffle fleece
March 02, 3:46pm

Yay!
You go, Jen!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » FOOT GROWTH STUDY!!!!
February 10, 2:38pm

Love them
Found that they really reduced the blister problem for me. They come in both synthetic and merino, I prefer the wool ones for the stink control factor. In winter, I layer them with a thin Smartwo...

In GEAR » injinji toe socks
February 10, 2:22pm

base layer?
Paul, is there a base layer under your fleece? I'm still struggling with my winter layers. These days I'm often wearing a wool long-sleeve, either a fleece vest or fleece jacket, with a w...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 09, 4:49pm

buff works great
as a pillow case. I can't stand having a vinyl surface against my face, so I just stuff my Montbell pillow inside my Buff. Mind you, I haven't hiked for days on end wearing my Buff, so at ...

In Gear Lists » How did I get so heavy? Late Aug JMT solo
February 09, 3:18pm

Not the top...
but the middle cross bar. See, I told you I had one of the original designs, before they modded it. It rides above the middle of the arc, vertically. Your Week-ender is 2 inches shorter than my ...

In GEAR » Bear can in an Arc Blast?
February 09, 11:57am

Bear Vault works fine
I have an Arc Blast, and the first few hikes I took it on involved a bear can carry. I have the Bear Vault 500, which is 8.7" in diameter, by 12.7 inches tall. It carried ok, I didn't re...

In GEAR » Bear can in an Arc Blast?
February 09, 10:59am

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am