BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 111 - 120 of 585 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...59

Forum » Thread

TNF Thermoball
Has anyone tried or have information on the new synthetic insulation from North Face that is supposed to perform like down? I'm curious how well it works.

In GEAR » OR 2014 SNEAK PEAKS
January 25, 9:00am

Excellent!
Now I want some pancake ice! Beautiful!

In Editor's Roundtable » Into the Gray
January 22, 10:39pm

check out a bothy
This may not satisfy your criteria for compact or weight, but you can't beat how fast it is to deploy. Videos on youtube show folks in the UK using them with stoves inside for tea breaks. http...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter options for cooking, resting, eating, or emergencies in a continuous rain environment.
January 09, 12:57pm

msr
I like the MSR folding utensils, easy to clean and to carry in my cook pot inside my Caldera cone.

In GEAR » Looking for a utensil to fit inside my caldera cone caddy...
January 04, 6:58pm

is it the feet or is it the shoes?
Well, Charley, that is a valid point, that folks may think their feet grow, when really the shoes were too small to allow the activity to take place.

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
January 04, 2:27pm

who paid for it?
I'd like to see the grant proposal for that one

In Philosophy & Technique » Amusing but questionable direction-finding technique
January 04, 9:31am

roger and mb
Roger, i agree very much that we don't know what is happening during foot swelling, I just reject your notion of bone growth being part of it. It contravenes physiology,and ignores a plethora ...

January 04, 9:13am

physiological constraints
Actually, Roger, physiology is *very* tightly constrained, because without every system working together properly, you have an unorganized, unregulated organism. When tissues grow abnormally, with...

January 02, 5:40pm

measurements, bone growth, and gigantism
I've been reading this with some interest, as I'd like to do a thru-hike one day, and worry about the toll on my feet. As a disclaimer, I am a medical professional, but I am a veterinari...

January 02, 2:10pm

Sarbar's new e-book and substitutions
I just purchased Sarbar's new Trail Cooking: Trail Food Made Gourmet--looks like some good stuff in there! So many choices, and several of her mixes for seasoning, too. Sarah, I was wonderi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sarbar's new e-book and substitutions
December 30, 1:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am