Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 111 - 120 of 734 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...74

Forum » Thread

osprey bite valve
I like the idea of a different bite valve--the Evernew one can be hard to suck on, and the rubber part has gotten sort of funky over time, possibly from the SPF lip balm I wear. The Osprey one loo...

In GEAR » Evernew Hydration Tube
January 22, 8:09pm

No problem
I switched from bag to quilt two years ago, and won't go back. I never did use the hoods on my bags very much, though. The trickiest things in my opinion were: 1)the feel of the NeoAir und...

In GEAR » Going from a Bag to a Quilt
January 21, 4:50pm

Pack lamas
The worst thing about those pack lama teams, they keep stopping to pray....

In GEAR » UL ideas that Died
January 21, 1:00pm

no collar fleece vest
I made my own. Bought a Melanzana crew neck Micro Grid pullover fleece, cut off the sleeves, and inserted a full length zipper. Simple, only weighs 6 ounces or so, and works well with a wind shirt.

In GEAR » Full-Zip Midlayer WITHOUT a collar?
January 19, 8:57pm

superfeet and dr sholes
I used to use the green superfeet, but they are really hard. Looking for more cushion, unless Superfeet have come out with a different line than I know about. Tomn when you say dr sholes gel pad...

In GEAR » Replacement insoles for Altras
January 13, 3:45pm

Not sold on it for bear cannister
I tried packing food for 1 5-day trip (2 people) with my vacuum sealer, then putting it in the bear cannister. Maybe if you turned off the vacuum function it would be okay, but what I then had wer...

In GEAR » vacuum bag sealer
January 11, 6:36pm

Replacement insoles for Altras
Has anyone found a good replacement insole for Altra Lone Peak 1.5s? I'd like just a little more cushioning in the forefoot, but not a big arch support or increased height at the heel. I loo...

In GEAR » Replacement insoles for Altras
January 11, 6:25pm

It's the cheese!
I'm dairy intolerant, and don't eat cheese. My boyfriend eats cheese, and our bedsheets often are pulled awry. That's it, I'm cutting him off!

In Chaff » Correlation versus Causation
January 04, 3:34pm

what do I want?
Not sure exactly what I'm looking for. Yes, I am a veterinarian, Ken, so I do have more than the average person's training. However, there are some species differences-I don't generally...

In GEAR » first aid app
January 03, 1:05pm

Patagonia fit
Something else that had put me off the Cap 4 were the complaints about fit. In particular, reviews complaining about the length and the shirt not staying tucked in. They were mostly centered aroun...

In GEAR » Which capilene weight?
January 03, 9:48am

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am