BPL Community Profile

Sunny Waller (dancer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Grew up playing in the lakes and the mountains of North Georgia. Started backpacking in a coed Explorer Scout Troup in the 1970's (yes I am a girl) I outfitted & led groups on backpacking trips for 20 years until I was totalled by a drunk driver. I got back on the trail when I read Ray Jardine's book Beyond Backpacking. I teach lightweight backpacking programs for different groups and currently have a great gig at the LenFoote Hike Inn. I am a member of the Trail Dames hiking club.
CityAtlanta
StateGa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sunny Waller

Showing 111 - 120 of 243 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...25

Forum » Thread

Recommend me a tent
If I were "commuting" to the woods at the end of the day I would use my Speer Hammock with a 10x12 tarp. This hammock has thick straps so it is very easy to tie between 2 trees. You can ...

In GEAR » Recommend me a tent?
February 09, 11:58am

Best Shelter For Wind
Sounds like the Kookabay 24 x 60 might solve my problem.

In GEAR » Best Shelter For Wind
February 09, 9:23am

Best Shelter For Wind
My pad may be the culprit.. any reccomendations for a lighter but warmer pad setup from a cold sleeper?

February 09, 7:10am

Best Shelter For Wind
My birthday is next week and I have to face the fact that I as I get older I sleep colder. I have always been a cold sleeper but I noticed on my last 2 trips that it is worse. I am a 52 year ol...

February 08, 11:04am

Backpacks for Bad Backs
1: Bad Back caused by head on collision with drunk driver. Have 4 herniated discs T11 T12 L1 L2. 2: I am unable to bear the load of any backpack with hipbelt with even 5 lbs in it. I ha...

In GEAR » Backpacks for Bad Backs
February 08, 10:34am

No Hipbelt
I cannot use a hipbelt or a sternum strap anymore because I have an injured back. I do not carry more than 20 lbs though. I used a GO-Lite Breeze for years and then switched to a Granite Gear Virga...

In GEAR » No Hipbelt
February 02, 2:01pm

Fix for BPL Ti Esbitt Stove
Anybody have a quick fix for the rivet blowing out on this..something that does not have to be ordered..

In GEAR » Fix for BPL Ti Esbitt Stove
January 28, 9:26am

Hexamid Floor
Scott...I have the Hexamid Solo Plus floor and it does hold it's shape well. I use a floorless pyramid tent in the winter and use this with it. It is very well made with tie loops at all 4 corn...

In GEAR » New beak for the zPacks Hex
November 23, 11:56am

Keeping things dry
I also keep my sleeping bag in a seperate Dry Bag and then my clothing and other stuff in a 2nd Dry Bag. I put those inside a Gossamer Gear pack liner which is a clear plastic bag that is smaller t...

In GEAR » keeping things dry
November 11, 1:49pm

cold weather water bottles
more info: I am backpacking this weekend and the nightime temps will be below freezing. I did not have to worry about this when I used nalgene bottles I just turned them upside down. Do gatorade b...

In GEAR » Cold Weather Effect on Water Bottles & Filters
November 04, 6:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Sunny Waller

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks customer service
I have ordered many products from Zpacks. The website is very specific about the wait time for gear that has to be made and Joe has never failed to deliver within that time frame. I had no problems re...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 13, 8:28pm

zpacks Company
I ordered some small stuff from ZPacks. The post office lost it and kept referring me to different people who just kept saying "yes..it's lost". I called Joe to make him aware and he imm...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 10:30am