Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 111 - 120 of 260 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: new hanger introduction
Welcome Justin! I converted my hyperlite to a ring buckle setup and haven't done the whoopie sling so I can't comment on that. In my experience the underside insulation is more impor...

In Hammocks » new hanger introduction
February 07, 10:19am

Re: About Time.....
Hmmm.... that may be an option for my hammock. Expensive, but still less expensive than a down underquilt and can be used when I have to go to ground. Does that count as 'dual use'?

In GEAR » NeoAir Xtherm - In Stock at Cabelas !!!
February 07, 9:08am

Re: Re: Choosing my Philmont equipment, could use some advice
You can get a NeoAir in small. I'd recommend that over cutting one in half. Those boots look like they would work, but I would definitely look at other options. Lightweight and breathable a...

In Philmont » Choosing my Philmont equipment, could use some advice
February 07, 8:32am

Re: Pad
Doug, That is a great price for a NeoAir short and may fit the bill for him. It's hard to find a lighter inflatable pad at a better price. I tried ordering one of those last week and they ...

In GEAR » Lightweight pad recomendations
February 06, 2:36pm

Re: what is your preferred type of shelter?
My preferred shelter is a hammock. Mostly because I sleep SO much better in it.

In GEAR » what's your preferred type of shelter?
February 04, 9:28am

Re: Neo-Air R Value
and the XLite is rated at 3.2 Seems like the old style NeoAir is going to be harder to find since it looks like they quit making them.

In GEAR » Neo-Air R Value
February 04, 9:18am

Re: re Tyvek source
"Is Tyvek sold in reasonably sized pieces?" Harry Shires sells it on the tarptent website under 'extras'. $12 in various sizes.

In GEAR » Tyvek for a shelter floor?
February 04, 9:14am

Avoiding campsites
When my son and I hiked a portion of the Colorado Trail, we took our hammocks. One of the unexpected benefits was never having to camp in an established campsite. Not that the CT is that crowded, b...

In Philosophy & Technique » selfish - a secret place
February 03, 3:14pm

Re: cost
Dan posts his prices on his website. Costs vary according to what you want.

In GEAR » Pack ideas?
February 03, 12:45pm

Re: Maybe Chaff?
I've never been to Scotland, but I'm guessing you have a lot more stormy weather than what I see where I generally hike. :) And as far as cost, pretty much all my gear is worth what I pa...

In Philosophy & Technique » Maybe Chaff?
February 03, 12:43pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm