BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 111 - 120 of 252 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: cost
Dan posts his prices on his website. Costs vary according to what you want.

In GEAR » Pack ideas?
February 03, 12:45pm

Re: Maybe Chaff?
I've never been to Scotland, but I'm guessing you have a lot more stormy weather than what I see where I generally hike. :) And as far as cost, pretty much all my gear is worth what I pa...

In Philosophy & Technique » Maybe Chaff?
February 03, 12:43pm

Re: Good insight
Hiking poles aren't for everyone. But as I've gotten older I found that I prefer to hike with poles. I have read a lot of commentary on the pro's and con's of poles and I always ...

In GEAR » Is all weight equal? - Trekking Poles ...
February 03, 12:03pm

Re: Tyvek for a shelter floor?
I've used Tyvek for tent floors and find it to be reasonably light, tough as nails and inexpensive. If you get a new piece, wad it up a few times then run it through the washing machine a c...

In GEAR » Tyvek for a shelter floor?
February 03, 9:47am

Re: Sleeping Bag to quilt
Great idea! We have an old bag that would be perfect for this kind of project. Our other quilts are down and I would like to have a synthetic option. Especially if it's free.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sleeping Bag to quilt
February 03, 9:42am

NeoAir's no longer on CD's website
Interesting that Cascade Designs website only has NeoAir XLite's listed now. The old style NeoAir is not even shown anymore. Does that mean they are not making that style anymore?

In Gear Deals » 50% off Neoair's + free shipping (old style.. not xlite)
February 03, 7:59am

Re: Re: Pack ideas?
"As mentioned regarding custom - Mchale Packs are the pinnacle and should be considered." +1 I have quite a few packs but nothing comes close to my McHale pack. Be prepared to b...

In GEAR » Pack ideas?
February 03, 7:52am

Re: Re: Call me a redneck...
Ben, you have a point. One of the most efficient structures to live in from a carbon footprint point of view is a highrise.

In Philosophy & Technique » An ultralight life?
February 02, 2:24pm

Re: Pot Selection
Mark, We had 11 in our crew, so we cooked 12 meals. I'm going by memory and it was a few years ago but it's my recollection that several of the meals needed 3 1/2 or 4 cups of water p...

In Philmont » Philmont Backpacks
February 02, 7:08am

Re: An ultralight life?
Rent or buy.... both have advantages and disadvantages, like almost every other possession or decision we have to make in life. Like more stuff or less stuff. Having stuff has advantages and...

In Philosophy & Technique » An ultralight life?
February 01, 3:45pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm