November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Curt Peterson (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Curt Peterson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Curt Peterson

Showing 111 - 120 of 460 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...46

Forum » Thread

Bikepacking McCall's Hot Springs
Great video - thanks for sharing!

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bikepacking McCall's Hot Springs
September 29, 9:51am

Pack Frames
"My experience, your's could variety, is than when I got to around 14lbs something changed. That from that point on, I would happily carry an extra 1-2 lbs for a pack that has some sort of...

In GEAR » Considering a GG Gorilla, but afraid to give up my osprey frame...
September 21, 8:31am

Spinner fishing vs Tenkara fishing
Richard nailed it. It's all about what you're willing to compromise. The spinning setup - in particular the fly and bubble - is the most successful backcountry setup I've ever seen....

In Fishing » Spinner fishing vs Tenkara fishing.
August 29, 8:40am

Enchantments 8/15-8/18
Gorgeous! I'm heading up there for 5 days in mid-September. Lottery was good to us this year. How was the fishing? We're trying to figure out how much of our time will be spent casting. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Enchantments 8/15-8/18
August 25, 8:38am

line test
Like Erik, I use 4lb. on the spool with 2lb. leader. The lighter leader is a little tougher for the fish to see in our crystal clear alpine waters in theory, but the main reason I use it is to mini...

In Fishing » line test
August 20, 6:42pm

Bikepacking Bike Advice
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated - I am new at this use for a bike, so it's really helpful. I certainly have a sense of the gearing from previous bikes, but not loaded up as a bikepacking ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bikepacking Bike Advice
August 20, 8:48am

Which Trail Shoe?
Trying to decide between a couple shoes and wondering if folks have opinions on either of them. NB710:,default,pd.html?dwvar_MT710_color=Black_wi...

In GEAR » Which Trail Shoe?
August 17, 9:34am

Bikepacking Bike Advice
I'm looking at my first bikepacking setup. I'll be pretty much exclusively on dirt and gravel. Very little vertical. Very little singletrack. Probably 60% rails-to-trails paths and 40% open...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bikepacking Bike Advice
August 14, 8:39pm

FS: Bug Bivy
Bump for new price: $60 includes shipping.

In Gear Swap » FS: Bug Bivy
August 13, 9:12pm

FS: MontBell UL SS Down Hugger #1
Very reluctantly considering parting with this bag. It's in gorgeous condition. A few years old, but wasn't used heavily and hasn't been used at all in awhile and has been stored lofted...

In Gear Swap » FS: MontBell UL SS Down Hugger #1
August 09, 9:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Curt Peterson

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am