BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 111 - 120 of 406 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...41

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: $16 remote canister stove
Always learn something from your stove posts, Jim :) Thank you!

In GEAR » $16 remote canister stove
January 07, 9:38am

$16 remote canister stove
It's a regular (Lindal?) connection. I used an MSR canister, a Jetboil canister, and a Snowpeak canister. Took all three just fine. Nice snug rubber washer fit, too. I like that better than the...

January 06, 6:12pm

The stove finally arrived. Took well over a month to get here. Quick impressions are actually surprisingly good. To be honest, it looks and feels as solid and well put together as any Coleman, MSR,...

January 06, 3:35pm

2012 UL Big Boy Gear List
Nice list, Jay. Two quick questions for you: 1. How long are the shoulder straps on that pack? One of my greatest problems with most of the UL packs is that the shoulder straps are too short and...

In Gear Lists » 2012 UL Big Boy Gear List
January 05, 7:25pm

2011 Backpacking Light Reader Picks
1. SteriPen Opti: In the Pac Northwest, I almost never carry water. Can you find a better tradeoff? Lose 1-2 POUNDS of water for 4 ounces? Rides in my pocket and any little stream becomes a water s...

In GEAR » 2011 Backpacking Light Reader Picks
December 29, 7:14pm

My Paleo
Great start, Doug! Just any FYI - Cordain has backed off his take on fat in a big way since that book came out. In fact, adding in high quality fats (coconut, well-sourced animal fat) often acceler...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
December 11, 9:35am

Tenkara and barbed or barbless hooks
"The number of fish I have lost because of shaking a hook, because it was barbless, is way less than 1%. I would guess, closer to 1 in 300 or so" Completely agree. In fact, I can't...

In Fishing » Tenkara and barbed or barbless hooks
December 08, 7:41am

I ordered one a couple weeks ago. Should be here soon. I'm thinking even if I can hack a Brunton fuel line from their remote adapter onto this it still comes out a pretty good deal. I have the ...

November 22, 7:52am

Down parka w/ long back length?
The First Ascent line comes in TALL sizes. I have the regular length Down Hoody and it's pretty decent length in the body for me and I'm 6'3". They didn't make it in a TALL unt...

In GEAR » Down parka w/ long back length?
November 20, 9:43am

WTB: Granite Gear Vapor Trail
Looking for a Vapor Trail in good condition. Prefer it unmodified, but it depends on the mods, I suppose. Prefer Long torso, but will consider a Reg if it's in the right condition. Belt size do...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Granite Gear Vapor Trail
November 15, 8:27am

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am