BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 111 - 120 of 586 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Equipment Addition: SynMat UL 7 + XTerm or XLite?
In my limited winter camping experience I have tried both a dedicated winter pad as well as the x-lite/CCF pad combo. One thing I really liked about the combo was the CCF pad was nice to use as a ...

In GEAR » Equipment Addition: SynMat UL 7 + XTerm or XLite?
February 20, 5:11pm

Re: Carbon fiber poles at Costco
Not nearly as cheap as the costco ones, but I noticed the Black Diamond poles Skurka mentioned in the link above are 33% off at Sunny Sports ($100 down from $150). http://www.sunnysports.com/pro...

In Gear Deals » Carbon fiber poles at Costco
February 20, 1:46pm

Re: Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
Nice looking route and quite the climb that first day! I was hoping to do something similar this summer, but other things already came up and I'll likely do shorter version -- likely parts 2 a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
February 19, 10:40am

Re: Role Call
Julie and I are 50/50 right now. If the conditions are good, we will probably be downhill skiing this weekend since we haven't been able to use our season passes very much this year. Otherwis...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
February 18, 3:37pm

Re: Tioga Rd in the Snow
Nico, When I checked the temp on my watch at some point during the night it said 16*F and Andrew mentioned his said 18*, so somewhere around there. I was comfortable enough for the most part, b...

In Post-Trip Reports » Tioga Road in the snow
February 15, 11:01am

Re: ... in the snow
It was our first time there, so no scouting on a previous trip. We walked right past the site at first and Andrew noticed it. Then as we started getting closer to the exposed dance floor a couple...

February 14, 10:17am

Devils Dance Floor
Some more pics....

February 12, 12:21pm

Re: Tioga Road in the snow
Nope, it was quite miserable, but now I only need to suffer through 5 more trips to break even on the snowshoe purchase ;) Kidding, of course....it was a great time. Looking forward to the next on...

February 11, 11:58am

Re: Re: Bob 2013
I've been chatting with Andrew about this and I'm in. Will likely have a few questions forthcoming.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2013 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open
February 02, 6:34pm

Misery
For the record, I was kidding about being miserable. Very much looking forward to the next one in a few weeks! But Andrew, you should probably be good in under 10 nights, so you might as well j...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite Snowshoeing: Badger Pass to Sentinel Dome
January 28, 8:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm