BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 111 - 120 of 592 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Henry Coe St Park / Coit Lake 26 Mile Round Trip
Thanks for throwing this trip announcement out there, Jay. We had a great time as well. We spent a little time having coffee by the lake in the morning, took a lunch break at Los Cruceros and the...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Henry Coe St Park/ Coit Lake 26 Mile Trip
February 25, 11:01am

Re: Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
On one week long trip I brought an MSR Dragonfly stove in addition to a canister stove just to make pancakes one morning. I might not consider it stupid if the pancakes ended up being halfway dece...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
February 22, 4:16pm

Haven't had Magic Hat in a while, but my friend used to work at the brewery during college and would bring home growlers from work all the time. Wasn't a big #9 fan though. Do they still m...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Light"
February 21, 6:53pm

Re: Snow Shoes MSR Or Northern Lites
Thanks Bruce. "I must ask where you are going where you expect the snow shoes to spend most of the time on your back?" Good question. Maybe "most" was a poor word choice ...

In GEAR » Snowshoes - MSR Women's, Northern Lites or Other?
February 21, 6:41pm

Snowshoes - MSR Women's, Northern Lites or Other?
I'm considering picking up a pair of snowshoes for my girlfriend and I was thinking it would be nice if they could double as lightweight snowshoes for myself on spring sierra trips when I might...

In GEAR » Snowshoes - MSR Women's, Northern Lites or Other?
February 21, 5:05pm

Re: Role Call
Unfortunately, Julie and I are out for this one. Hopefully there will be another one in March that we can join in on. Looking forward to the trip report!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
February 21, 2:54pm

Re: Equipment Addition: SynMat UL 7 + XTerm or XLite?
In my limited winter camping experience I have tried both a dedicated winter pad as well as the x-lite/CCF pad combo. One thing I really liked about the combo was the CCF pad was nice to use as a ...

In GEAR » Equipment Addition: SynMat UL 7 + XTerm or XLite?
February 20, 5:11pm

Re: Carbon fiber poles at Costco
Not nearly as cheap as the costco ones, but I noticed the Black Diamond poles Skurka mentioned in the link above are 33% off at Sunny Sports ($100 down from $150). http://www.sunnysports.com/pro...

In Gear Deals » Carbon fiber poles at Costco
February 20, 1:46pm

Re: Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
Nice looking route and quite the climb that first day! I was hoping to do something similar this summer, but other things already came up and I'll likely do shorter version -- likely parts 2 a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
February 19, 10:40am

Re: Role Call
Julie and I are 50/50 right now. If the conditions are good, we will probably be downhill skiing this weekend since we haven't been able to use our season passes very much this year. Otherwis...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
February 18, 3:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm