Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Peter McDonough (crazypete) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Above the Divided Line
About Me I backpack as the Studliest Studly Studmuffin of Studly Studliness who ever Studlied himself out of Studlyville.

I cut a large path while leaving no trace and carring less than three pounds in my pack.

If you want knowledge of some real scientific prinicples, talk to me and I will guide you to the sun.

See you on the other side.

And remember to keep to the mean.
CityForm of the Good
StateThe City
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter McDonough

Showing 111 - 120 of 221 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: DE for Dr.J (inspired by D. Bonn)
BD-- I am not exactly sure what you are doing, and I believe that you have made some simple mathmatical errors. First off, what exactly are you doing multiplying/dividing by D/D?? Are you just sa...

In Philosophy & Technique » reading and writing on UL trips
December 10, 8:17pm

Re: DE for Dr.J (inspired by D. Bonn)
Toms right: Here's some further explanation Its first order separable, linear equation that does exist and have a unique solution. First we move the dt to the right side, which gives u...

In Philosophy & Technique » reading and writing on UL trips
December 10, 3:40pm

Re: couple questions
Pitch the tarp with one beak all the way to the ground pointing directly into the wind. This creates a tensioned wedge that offers much less profile than the side of the tarp does.

In Philosophy & Technique » tarps and wind
December 06, 4:12pm

Re: Re: Help with Quilt Dimensions
In case anybody was wondering how much down to put in a quilt, I worked out the following. This is a way to find out the exact quantity of down needed to fill a quilt. The formulation shown belo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help with Quilt Dimensions
November 15, 4:38pm

Re: Re: Re: BB paperback
Go to Amazaon.com

In Gear Swap » Wanted: Beyond Backpacking
November 14, 1:35pm

Exact Quilt Fill Quantity
Here is a way to find out the exact quantity of down needed to fill a quilt. The formulation shown below is good for a 2 inch thick layer revolved around a 2 foot radius. The basic idea is to d...

In Make Your Own Gear » Exact Quilt Fill Quantity
November 13, 4:11pm

Re: LAND-Shark Emergency Survival Bag - Experience? or Reviews?
I would help you out but the only thing I could tell you that would not be an opinion are the specifications of the product. How durable did it SEEM?? Was the material quiet?? What is it used ...

In GEAR » LAND-Shark Emergency Survival Bag - Experience? or Reviews?
November 13, 3:05pm

Re: ethanol
Home Depot. No.

In GEAR » My Thermojet does not meet specs
November 13, 3:00pm

Re: Re: why no synthetic down copies
For the same reason NASA doesn't just superglue the foam to its space shuttle and we don't make a medicine that targets and kills all cancer cells or cures the common cold. Its just not that easy.

In Make Your Own Gear » down compressibility
November 13, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Steep and Cheap....and what else...?
To be unnecessarily blunt--- I am also assuming that you would hate Ebay then. I suggest you type faster next time.

In Gear Deals » Steep and Cheap....and what else...?
November 09, 7:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter McDonough

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
Of course you got clammy in it. The temperature was in the mid 60s. There is no need to wear a windshirt in the mid 60s unless you have a slight drizzle or there is a VERY VERY strong wind blowing. ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 16, 12:49pm