BPL Community Profile

Eric Lundquist (cobberman) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern Colorado
About Me Eric Lundquist has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateCO
My PDF Gear List3-Season Sierra

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Lundquist

Showing 111 - 120 of 672 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Spinnaker availability?
If you're going to be ordering 5yds to do the whole set, I would pick cuben fiber. It's probably the better material for your tarp but quite an expensive project ~$140. You could use 70d ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Substitute fabric for Spinnaker (5 Yards to SUL Article Pack)
July 02, 10:15am

Re: Where do I start?
Tony Wong has a great essay posted on Hike It. Like It. The whole series is a good read, but I like Tony's comments on changing your position to get shots that aren't from eye level. Such...

In Photography » Where do I start?
July 02, 9:45am

Re: New SUL Quilt Idea...
How is the baffle design different than the Karo Step baffles from Enlightened Equipment quilts? I like the idea though, would keep the most down over your torso instead of slowly falling to your ...

In Make Your Own Gear » New SUL Quilt Idea...
July 02, 9:39am

Re: Substitute fabric for Spinnaker (5 Yards to SUL Article Pack)
I made one from 70d ripstop nylon. You could make one out of pretty much anything as there is so little fabric involved. A few materials I'd consider, 1.43oz Cuben fiber 2.92oz Cuben H...

In Make Your Own Gear » Substitute fabric for Spinnaker (5 Yards to SUL Article Pack)
July 01, 8:26pm

Re: How often do you take showers (and deal with hygiene) while in the woods?
I'll clean up with a very small packtowel (MSR Nano). I'll wet it, add a few drops of Dr. B's and start head to toe. Washing up after a sweaty day makes me feel less clammy during the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How often do you take showers (and deal with hygiene) while in the woods?
July 01, 11:40am

Re: G.G.G. 6 A few changes I'd like to run by you.
I've attended the past two G.G.G. events and I preferred the group campsites this last year. The newer latrines were a big improvement, although I was not aware of another nearby outhouse ther...

In Pre-Trip Planning » G.G.G. 6 A few changes I'd like to run by you.
June 30, 11:27pm

Re: Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip- July 13-14
James, others with more high sierra experience nice might chime in too, but I find the shepherd's hooks plus a few msr ground hogs do the trick. Sometimes I'll have to use some heavy rocks...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
June 28, 10:40pm

Re: Rides?
I am planning on going on this trip and have room for up to two others (maybe three is you're really SUL). Probably leaving Friday afternoon/early evening and camping at the TH. I would be le...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
June 28, 4:50pm

Re: Why not shepherd hooks?
David, the carbon fiber stakes and Easton's aluminum ones have a significantly larger diameter for increased holding power in most soils. See Will's review here.

In GEAR » My new ruta locura carbon fiber tent stakes ROCK.
June 28, 12:48pm

Re: Re: My new ruta locura carbon fiber tent stakes ROCK.
So John, what have you switched to?

In GEAR » My new ruta locura carbon fiber tent stakes ROCK.
June 28, 10:00am

All Reader Reviews by Eric Lundquist

Eric Lundquist has posted no reviews.