BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 111 - 120 of 247 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...25

Forum » Thread

+1 for everything
Everything so far mentioned is great. To go along with it, I would suggest a glue stick. I use this for silnylon to keep seems together as I sew it. Just a normal old glue stick will do just fin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking to start MYOG Sewing projects - Advice Needed
January 13, 5:07pm

Moving This
The quickest way to move this would be to do it yourself. I have a few suggestions, but can't PM you. Once this gets moved, I some suggestions, especially with the price of things.

In Make Your Own Gear » AT SUL Thru Gear List on $1200
January 13, 7:19am

Binding
For my latest backpack, I decided to go the route of binding using grosgrain. I sewed the pieces together, then wrapped the ribbon around the raw edge. This gave the seams a second row of stitc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pack inside flat felled seam. ASAP
January 13, 7:08am

Re: Why not?
I don't think you should have any problem with using an envelope method. The strips really reflects my style of sewing. It allows me to only have to sew those very long stitches once. Plus ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pics of quilting on Apex quilt?
January 11, 1:26pm

Newspaper
I like the idea to use newspaper. I think I will do that next time I go about it. Thanks, Jerry. I really enjoyed doing it. I am currently working on one for a backpack, and it is proving to be...

January 11, 11:04am

Strips
Yeah, that part is a bit poorly worded. I should probably try to fix it in the guide. The strips are there so that the foot of the sewing machine can slide along without catching on the insulati...

January 11, 10:20am

Guide
I wrote a guide about making a quilt out of Apex during the fall and put it on my blog. The quilting is very simple. It is really just a stitch around the edges, and the insulation is stable enough...

January 11, 7:16am

So great
This is a fantastic creation you've come up with. I rarely go on day trips, but I know my dad does and would love something like this. Even not day tripping much, I would still love to make som...

In Make Your Own Gear » 41.6g (1.47oz) Stove and Canister
January 10, 8:57am

Finally organized my stuff
And it is amazing how much easier it is to work now. I tried to find a way that avoided me buying many of the Sterilite drawers, because I think they are cheaply made and not worth the price. I'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finally organized my stuff
January 10, 6:59am

Thanks
Thanks for all the tips. Especially about know how. I will be getting those books along with the gear. I understand the need for knowledge more than expensive gear, so plan to soak up as much of th...

In Fishing » Beginner Tenkara
January 02, 2:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.