BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 111 - 120 of 1013 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...102

Forum » Thread

Material
Tom, the implication you inferred from that quote is not as clear to me as it is to you, but it would be interesting if it came to light that Opsaks are a multilayer film. The Opsak material is sof...

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 26, 4:10pm

Ideas
Samuel, I'll give it a little thought. If I have any ideas for your test, I'll send them along. By the way, I should mention that disagreeing with you has been pleasant, thanks to you. ...

August 25, 8:05pm

Bags
It goes without saying that we appear to disagree. We each recognize and accept that, I assume. I see no harm in disagreeing, and I also see no need to run from it. A good debate can bring interest...

August 24, 2:13pm

Tests
I'm convinced. I'm convinced that what you're doing is working. If I was going on a trip with you I would ask you to put my food with yours because you seem to have found a good method....

August 23, 12:47pm

Testing
Samuel, I don't know where to start. I agree that testing the function of something in a lab (or a locker room) is not the only way to learn about it. Testing under more realistic conditions is...

August 22, 3:07pm

Source for strong polyester grosgrain
Nylon grosgrain is sensitive to UV and it absorbs water. Does anyone know of a source for strong polyester grosgrain? Maybe a kite supplies company? The polyester grosgrain I've seen in fabric ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Source for strong polyester grosgrain
August 22, 1:19pm

Merino
My complaint about merino shirts is that they are HOT. I have a 150 weight merino tee and I can only wear it in temperatures below 65F. I would estimate that it is equivalent in warmth to at least ...

In GEAR » World's lightest tee shirt: Rohan Ultra Silver Tee
August 21, 6:51pm

Aroma
I will report my impressions of the odor once I have a chance to wear it for a 2+ night trip. I'm not especially good at stinking up shirts, though. Maybe I have a low body odor variant of the ...

August 21, 2:07pm

Thrift
Yes, thrift stores are great for items like tee shirts if you're not looking for anything specific. Thrift stores and other kinds of secondhand/surplus places are also great for MYOG gear ...

August 20, 11:54pm

Price
Yes, $36 is high for a tee shirt. I felt conflicted about the purchase for several weeks due to the cost. But it is, at most, $10-$12 more than other ultralight synthetic tees. Ultralight tees ...

August 20, 10:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.