BPL Community Profile

cary bertoncini (cbert) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale N. California
About Me cary bertoncini has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by cary bertoncini

Showing 111 - 120 of 892 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...90

Forum » Thread

child down?
I assume the down is removed from the children without harming them?

In GEAR » child down sleeping bag
August 18, 8:31am

wow
2lbs is a big bird! From the pic I was guessing less than a pound. Holy cow--I mean a red shouldered hawk, which is a pretty big bird, doesn't even go 2lbs. If it was that big, definitely not a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » a wild bird question
August 17, 10:07pm

yes but
notice the green area right around yosemite of year 'round population of ptarmigan

August 17, 9:08pm

sage grouse?
I'd have guessed that is a White Tailed Ptarmigan or Sooty Grouse

August 17, 3:14pm

hiking "speed"
I used to be full-fast, but tend to be about half-fast nowadays, and I usually start slow and taper off.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 3:12pm

jacket
I've almost always wound up wearing my warm jacket up in there. With the cold winds and the chance of surprising lows, it's always a good idea when going for more than a couple nights. I wa...

In Gear Lists » JMT 6 days
August 11, 11:55pm

I think not going over Lamarck, right?
But around to Bishop Pass, so the Bench would be a side trip, right? Not sure I'd want Chacos over Muir or Bishop, but I guess my Salomon's aren't a whole lot more supportive and did...

In Gear Lists » JMT 6 days
August 11, 9:37pm

Shoot To Kill
1988 film with Sidney Poitier & Tom Berenger

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grim news near Yellowstone
August 10, 7:34pm

good tool
i've used it before--thanks for posting :)

In On the Web » Whatbird.com - Identifying Birds
August 09, 5:34pm

hahahaha (trout)
heck no--we ate tiny golden trout but they were wrapped in foil with seasonings (including sage growing along the trail) over an open fire and they were much tastier--that big old brown was ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
August 09, 4:17pm

All Reader Reviews by cary bertoncini

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquastar Aquastar - plus
Weight - 8.5 ounces, including the 1 liter lexan bottle. Dead on what I got for the weight on my scale. Features - water purifier, water storage, LED lantern. Just tested out my new UV Aquastar...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 20, 2:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I'm impressed with the quiet and comfortable suit. Haven't been in a downpoor yet, but I did use it while hiking and was impressed with comfort and lack of sweat buidup inside (I did remove a layer b...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 07, 10:47pm