Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 111 - 120 of 437 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...44

Forum » Thread

stressed membrane
> Unfortunately, a tent pole does not undergo small deflections, so most standard solutions can't be used. Not only that, but it's supporting a stressed membrane (assuming it's a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Calculations for Tent Poles
March 08, 11:49am

re: choke
> Nope....it's variable....we'll be releasing it soon. Ah, so it's practically identical to the FeatherFire adjustment then? A band surrounding the air intakes that can be constr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cones - My Adventures in Improving the ULC system
February 28, 11:01am

re: Find a strap that melts at 50C
> Find a strap that melts at 50C I like it... a fail-safe design. I bet you can find a wax (synthetic or otherwise) with a suitable melting point... I bet Blu-tac softens enough at 50C,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil Heat Exchanger
February 20, 12:12pm

re: Old Design
Jack Hoster said (in one incarnation of the post...): [quote] That's the best stove/shield setup I've every seen! My concern about the cone design was that the creators released it p...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
February 20, 11:29am

re: choke
Rand's choke looks like the same concept as the Featherfire choke. Only at a fixed setting (can't tell from the photos). I've played with a variable choke on a chimney stove before;...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cones - My Adventures in Improving the ULC system
February 20, 10:36am

re: backfiring
A bit hard to say without seeing the stove design in question, but in chimney-style stoves, I've found that it's due to inadequate airflow through the burner, so the flame front moves back ...

In Make Your Own Gear » backfiring alchy stove
February 14, 5:50am

scissors are okay
Like others, I've just used a pair of decent kitchen scissors (Fiskars, because I have them) to cut aluminium and titanium foils for making windshields. For cutting cans to make burners, I g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Teach me about tin snips
February 13, 10:26am

continuing the paper theme...
... I can offer a paper tent ...but apparently not by inserting an image. Here's a link instead ...struggles further

In Make Your Own Gear » Paper Bag Prototyping
February 10, 8:41am

re: smelling chemicals
> I cook in a well ventillated area, but every now and then I get a whiff, you know what I mean, that wiff that smells like chemicals. An alcohol burner should burn pretty cleanly, resulting ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gassifier stove / hot water heater
February 08, 11:16am

a variable primary/secondary air test bed...
> I wish there was a simple way to block those holes during operation I pondered making a stove with isolated primary and secondary feeds, and using rings of holes with mating, adjustable baf...

In Make Your Own Gear » Functional Secondary Air System
January 26, 12:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.