Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 111 - 120 of 353 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Superstition Wilderness questions for end of Feb bp trip
Thanks HK and John! I was looking at Revis Ranch TH but was kind of turned off by what looks like a long dry exposed slog over Windy Pass. Just from using google maps and trail maps coming from...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Superstition Wilderness questions for end of Feb bp trip
January 27, 5:55pm

Appalling Physics
There is some pretty appalling physics being bandied about in this thread that I am not used to seeing on BPL. First, when atmospheric pressure goes up, the boiling temperature goes (the opposit...

In GEAR » Are there any substantial downsides to having a pot lid with strainer holes?
January 27, 12:31pm

Re: Superstition Wilderness questions for end of Feb bp trip
a bump in case any AZ hikers come inside....

January 27, 9:47am

Superstition Wilderness questions for end of Feb bp trip
Going to be in Phoenix the end of February for work. I talked a co-worker into going backpacking for 2-3 days after the business trip. I am wondering if anyone can answer questions I have on the ...

January 22, 5:28pm

Re: Craig...
Not Ayn Rand. From: http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_ayn_rand_faq_index2 "What is the origin of “Rand”? [From ARI’s monthly newsletter Impact, 06/2000] ...

In GEAR » Adventures in mini writing supplies
January 21, 5:16pm

Re: How do you find cottage gear?
I don't randomly find cottage industry guys and buy from them... and I wouldn't want to. These are small shops. The chances of getting a great deal go up considerably.. but the chance of ...

In GEAR » How do you find cottage gear?
January 21, 5:08pm

Re: Re: re: Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
"I guess I just don't see why people are so rabidly anti-treating and feel the need to spread that word. If you want to take the non-treatment risk and drink horse poo, then go for it. But...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
January 15, 2:40pm

Re: Back to the Past
PACK-> I'm thinking balsa wood and waxed cotton SLEEPING BAG AND "MATTRESS"-> Wool blanket TENT-> waxed cotton COOKWARE/STOVE-> enamelware cup/pot... cook over a ...

In GEAR » Back to the Past
January 15, 2:25pm

Re: Glasses...
My experience matches yours.... all the mumbo-jumbo might help a little bit but doesn't solve the problem. If I am going to be doing any sort of hard aerobic exercise then I wear contacts.

In GEAR » Glasses...
January 15, 2:02pm

What happened to the EE Rev-X?
I was perusing EE's website and I noticed the Rev-x disappeared... What happened? Looks like Tim hasn't been on BPL for about a week or so. His inventory also disappeared, but I think I...

In GEAR » What happened to the EE Rev-X?
January 13, 6:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.