BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 111 - 120 of 347 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re: Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
"I guess I just don't see why people are so rabidly anti-treating and feel the need to spread that word. If you want to take the non-treatment risk and drink horse poo, then go for it. But...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
January 15, 2:40pm

Re: Back to the Past
PACK-> I'm thinking balsa wood and waxed cotton SLEEPING BAG AND "MATTRESS"-> Wool blanket TENT-> waxed cotton COOKWARE/STOVE-> enamelware cup/pot... cook over a ...

In GEAR » Back to the Past
January 15, 2:25pm

Re: Glasses...
My experience matches yours.... all the mumbo-jumbo might help a little bit but doesn't solve the problem. If I am going to be doing any sort of hard aerobic exercise then I wear contacts.

In GEAR » Glasses...
January 15, 2:02pm

What happened to the EE Rev-X?
I was perusing EE's website and I noticed the Rev-x disappeared... What happened? Looks like Tim hasn't been on BPL for about a week or so. His inventory also disappeared, but I think I...

In GEAR » What happened to the EE Rev-X?
January 13, 6:05pm

Re: Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
Buck, I haven't read through all of the responses (so sorry if you have already covered this). You requested feedback on your conclusions. In you article you state: "The CDC SPECIFI...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
January 10, 4:17pm

Re: Bury it...
around here we call it "caching"

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dried Kim Chee
January 06, 6:02pm

Re: Question about alergies due to new bag
Well since this is a cottage bag, perhaps it was made in a home (or workspace) with cats. I know Tim (at EE) uses several different people to sew his bags.

In GEAR » Question about alergies due to new bag
December 19, 9:49am

UL positive feedback system: the dark side!!!
it sounds like a uncontrolled feedback loop... I leave this as a warning for those who come to this website in the future and find no one here. We all started down the UL path and kept getting ...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL positive feedback system
December 17, 6:04pm

Re: Re: Coatings in Beer Can Pot
"...the BPA is only leeched in significant amounts the first few times water is boiled in it. I boiled water in it 5 times before using,..." That is probably an effective strategy for ...

In GEAR » Coatings in Beer Can Pot
December 17, 10:59am

Re: Time
It will be interesting to see how your inflation times compare. My guess would be that it would take considerably longer to blow up the balloons and get them arranged into a mattress. It will be ...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Better Balloon Mattress
December 16, 10:28am

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.