BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 111 - 120 of 280 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...28

Forum » Thread

knock-off backcountry boiler
My first thought was it is a backcountry boiler somewhere from there evolution, but it doesn't seem to match up: http://www.theboilerwerks.com/about/ My guess is it is a one-off knock-off...

In GEAR » UFK: unidentified fire kettle
March 27, 3:37pm

Re: Guys any progress?
I finally got around to doing some more tests last night. I tried the 0.001" stuff and got nothing :( Man that 0.001" stuff is thin. I have pretty good near-sight but I have a real h...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
March 25, 11:59am

Re: Re: Re: More wire on the way
http://www.omega.com/pptst/SPPL.html SPPL is there pure platinum thermocouple wire. The 0.001" stuff is Omega part number: SPPL-001. It cost $2/inch and shipping is $8 for me. I just ord...

March 14, 2:31pm

Re: Minimal food
I haven't taken it that far, but this realization helped me unload "emergency food" from my pack. I still want to eat well when I am out there, but I am no longer worried that I will...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Minimal food
March 14, 2:18pm

Re: More wire on the way
Greg, You should have told me you were going to order 0.003, I would have sent you some of mine. You can get 0.001 from Omega. -Ben

March 13, 9:37am

Are you in the UK?
http://www.zappos.com/inov-8-roclite-295-grey-lime

In GEAR » Help please trail runners
March 12, 2:49pm

Re: Sleeping Bags: Fill weight, cut, thermal efficiency
Well, I think either temperature rating would work (depending on how cold of a sleeper you are). The question you need to answer is how often are you going to need/want the extra 10°F temperature...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags: Fill weight, cut, thermal efficiency
March 12, 2:45pm

Re: The experiment with flask
"...I'm still curious if I will be able to make lighter with battery: just preheat the wire with electrical current while in methanol vapors...." RC Airplane glow plugs would be pe...

March 11, 4:08pm

nice!!
Thanks Dan! looks good. It sounds like you had to play around a bit to get a stove configuration that lit easily. Is that correct? My own project has been at a standstill since I have been ...

March 07, 9:51pm

Re: Re: Re: What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
"...Could you do my calculations for me? Ha! ..." -NL OK, I am a sucker for a good MYOG BPL Geek question. I calculated the EI for your tube (Aluminum 5/8" OD, 1/2" ID) = 0....

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 27, 3:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.