BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 111 - 120 of 331 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...34

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Epiphany
Tim, I am confused by the weather resistant stripes. What makes them weather resistant? There isn't much description on the product page for this upgrade. Also, your site seems to be r...

In GEAR » enLIGHTened equipment product changes in Sept.
October 21, 1:24pm

Re: Toppings?
Trader Joe's (and other places) sell maple sugar. Just mix it with a little water for syrup. The quintessential pancake topping with all energy and no water weight. Nutella is another grea...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pancakes
October 21, 12:19pm

confused....
Why do you need to cut off (and throw away) the three inch section? Couldn't you just cut off the 1 inch section glue it on and be good to go?

In Make Your Own Gear » Tipi pole cheap, easy & light
October 01, 11:50am

Re: Rice Before Boil?
"Any reason to bring water to a boil BEFORE adding instant rice?..." The reason would be texture. Cooking a starch like that you could end up with gooey overcooked rice on the outside...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking for a rice-based one-pot recipe.
September 25, 4:08pm

Re: I think you're right, Justin
"...I most definitely do not want to depend on a UV water treatment system that relies on batteries...." Filters can clog and break. Chemicals can leak or get wet. Electronics can ru...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My food and water weight conundrum...
September 25, 10:42am

Re: Lentils Don't Need No Stove
"I make curried lentils..." recipe?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
August 29, 10:33am

Re: Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
"...Our feet were a bit tender as we learned not to step on sharp rocks--perfectly normal for transitioning to softer-soled shoes. ..." Just because you get trail runners doesn't m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 27, 2:51pm

Re: How Much Extra Food? If Any?
The typical human can survive 30 days without food so extra food is not a survival thing. It is purely a comfort thing. If you hardly ever get stuck in a situation were you want that extra meal t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How Much Extra Food? If Any?
August 27, 2:25pm

Re: Where did CD go?
I'll look for the thread, but someone mentioned somewhere else that they talked to a distributor and found out that all CD is produced in a factory in Germany. That factory had a fire which me...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » MSR Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets
August 26, 10:19am

fishing gear
I am apparently a pretty bad at tying knots. I can't tell you how many times I have cast my rod only to see the lure fly out into the lake without the line attached. :(

In GEAR » What piece of gear do you lose most often?
August 21, 4:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.