Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Miguel Arboleda (butuki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Kanto Plain, Japan
About Me The top of the mountain is more an afterthought than a destination for me. Its the trees and creatures, the weather and people along the way that make the walking good. It's why it's always so hard to come back down. And why, with the odor of days imprinted in synthetics, my coming back down is hard for others, too!
StateTokyo
CountryJapan
My Website URLhttp://laughing-knees.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 111 - 120 of 2598 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: Ueli Steck tossed off Everest
A more balanced and less biased account. Gives a better idea about what was going on in the minds of the Nepalese. The UK Climbing article makes it sound as if it was totally uncalled for and witho...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ueli Steck tossed off Everest
April 29, 6:28am

Re: rocks & dogs
Feral dogs don't belong in the woods or anywhere else for that matter. Be careful when thinking like that in the countryside of a place like Romania. It's not America and local customs a...

In GEAR » Gear question about Romania
April 25, 3:52am

Re: Blackbeard & Destroyer's 2012 PCT Thru Hike... The Movie!
Great video! Watched it till the 1 hour mark, and will continue later. What I loved was the way the video really captured the way walks like this feel... without overdramatizing it and bringing out...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Blackbeard & Destroyer's 2012 PCT Thru Hike... The Movie!
March 29, 7:08pm

Re: The Subtle Knife
I just realized with this thread that I have no class whatsoever... The whole thread made me laugh. Great fun! Nick, I always suspected, now I know you're a Randian!

In GEAR » It's Just So Cute!!!
March 29, 6:55pm

Re: Do you know this kettle?
Uniflame here in Japan makes a similar one, but it's obviously different. I have seen one by another company quite often, and it might be an early version by Primus. Here is the pres...

In GEAR » Do you know this kettle?
March 26, 10:16pm

Re: Homeless campsites---how are they different from wilderness campsites?
And here we are, sitting on the internet talking about how similar it must be to backpacking? Shame. What a disconnect. I'm shocked by the indifference behind this thread. It's like a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Homeless campsites---how are they different from wilderness campsites?
March 21, 6:06pm

Re: Agree with light socks
Hiking Malto, I'm not sure how long you've been around BPL, but for the first 8 years or so, this whole community was extremely wide-ranging and excited about new ideas. Everyday someone fr...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 18, 8:51am

Re: The "I don't get it" thread"
Miguel: yep,you're right, I haven't tried very thin merino socks in the summer. But I like a bit of padding. I don't "get" why I would give that up for the "benefit"...

March 18, 1:26am

Re: the desert
But for most of us anything over 120F is going to mean death if we go hiking for a few days. So... 134, 137, 139 really doesn't mean a lot. Last summer when I was in the Pyrenees I had to de...

March 17, 8:42pm

Re: "The "I don't get it" thread" : Merino socks in summer.
Jeffrey, are you wearing very thin merino wool socks? That's the key. Many people turn to wool sock liners instead of regular socks, as their main sock in the summer. Even a little thicker, and...

March 17, 8:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear The One
These are comments I made in the forum, just added here for easy reference: I just got back from a three day walk with the One yesterday. It was great, just what I wanted. It's still very much ...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 17, 6:08am

ULA Equipment
I just received my Arctic Pack yesterday, a pack that I wasn't going to buy at first because of the expense, but after reading other people's reviews and my just not having enough time to make...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 06, 12:32am

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I became a member of MEC in 1992, paying the membership fee and enjoying buying things at great prices and getting very well made gear that you couldn't find anywhere else. Ever since the regul...

February 02, 9:45am

TarpTent
I have three of Henry's creations, the original Squall, the Squall 2, and the Rainbow. All of them have performed wonderfully and have changed the way I go backpacking (along with Glen van Peski a...

January 18, 10:24am

Mont Bell
(well, what do you know, I can't use the word "f*nny pack"!) I've been using MontBell gear since 1977, two years after they started, when I bought my first rain poncho. I still ha...

December 16, 8:36pm

Shires Tarptent Rainbow

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 07, 12:13am