BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 111 - 120 of 565 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...57

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: fishing the jmt
It's hard to tell but that last fish looks like a Golden / Rainbow hybrid... I don't eat those either. They're somewhat rare. For every 20 rainbows I catch I will catch 1 golden or a ...

In Fishing » fishing the jmt
December 28, 12:22pm

Re: Re: Dream salmon fishing trip
Nice. Thanks for the info... I have some research to do: > One problem with anything more than a pink salmon (which is still a 4-6 pounds fish dressing out to 2-3 pounds of fillets) is what ...

In Fishing » Dream salmon fishing trip
December 27, 11:33pm

Dream salmon fishing trip
I'm a big bass and trout fisherman but I've never caught any salmon. They're amazingly delicious though. So I'd like to plan a backpacking trip where there are plenty of salmon ...

In Fishing » Dream salmon fishing trip
December 27, 10:49pm

Yellowstone trip with an emphasis on wildlife?
Anyone interested in a 2014 group yellowstone trip ? Perhaps one with an emphasis on wildlife? One thing I miss in the Sierra Nevada's is the fact that we don't have bison, wolves, grizz...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yellowstone trip with an emphasis on wildlife?
December 27, 10:20pm

laminated...
I'd love to have a way to cross off sections of the trail that I've done... my goal is to hike most of the sierra nevadas... I mean it will take me like 10-20 years at my current rate but b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Great Poster Map of Sierra Nevada - A Recomendation
December 27, 9:42pm

sound...
yeah. That was my big takeaway. The sound/mic just sucks. I have he sensitivity set to max but I can barely hear anything at 10-15 feet. However, this might be fine for my needs.

In GEAR » Contour ROAM (Go Pro alternative) for about 1/3rd the price.
December 26, 6:24pm

Contour ROAM (Go Pro alternative) for about 1/3rd the price.
The Contour ROAM is up on Amazon for $127 bucks. The comparable GoPro is like $300 http://www.amazon.com/ContourROAM-Waterproof-Hands-free-Camcorder-Watersport/dp/B007W02PRM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

In GEAR » Contour ROAM (Go Pro alternative) for about 1/3rd the price.
December 26, 6:19pm

cold.
There's really nothing worse than being cold while you sleep. I try to pack extra down so that I have a good margin of error. If you can't get a good night of sleep the next day is horrib...

In Winter Hiking » Why I don't use my outer clothes as part of my intended sleep system
December 25, 10:16pm

nice...
that second video was a bit extreme. A gopro for some of those scenes would be a bit safer until you can take your gloves off. I"ve been in these situations before and it just doesn't ...

In Winter Hiking » Critter style Winter Daypack (Video by Critter)
December 25, 9:55pm

2wd front wheel drive car in the sierra nevadas...
I'm going to be doing some winter backpacking and early spring backpacking this year. I just have a regular Mazda 3... no crazy SUV. Assuming I have chains for my car, how reliably will...

In GEAR » 2wd front wheel drive car in the sierra nevadas...
December 25, 7:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.