Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Burke (burkest) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Collegiate Peaks Wilderness
About Me Stuart Burke has not added a biography yet.
CityMadison
StateWI
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List140 mile Colorado loop hike

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Burke

Showing 111 - 120 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

update on hoody
I finally got around to weighing my hoody. It came in at 10.1 oz or 287.7 g. I am happy with the weight because it is about what I though it would weigh. I have gotten a chance to use on a few day ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kinsman w/ hood
January 07, 5:59pm

Re: Re: Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
George, Thanks for crunching the data about the number of posts per thread. I agree with you that it is anoying that threads will get buried because of the large number of threads. On the ot...

In GEAR » Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
January 06, 6:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Kinsman w/ hood vs Cocoon UL 60 Hoody
Frank, This is how I made my calculations to compare the Kinsman I made with cocoon hoody. To calculate the weight of my kinsman I assumed that I would use 2 square yards of fabric(that is 2 squ...

December 21, 8:52am

Re: beautiful
Ryan, The kinsman comes with two neckline options "athletic" and "relaxed". I used the relaxed neckline for my hoody based on the advice of AYCE from thru-hiker.com. The patt...

December 20, 12:30am

Re: Kinsman w/ hood
Sam, In my defense those are the cordlocks that came with the kit. Seriously though thanks for the complements. One thing I forgot to mention: I designed the hood to be form fitting like an ice...

December 19, 5:37pm

Kinsman w/ hood
I just got done making a kinsman with a hood. I used climashield XP 2.5oz, taffeta momentum for the liner, and ripstop momentum for the shell. I unfortunatly do not own a scale so I do not know how...

December 19, 3:05pm

Re: Re: and more!
I wondered the same thing. Seems ironic to carry a cuben fiber pack and a 20 or 30 oz wooden pole at the same time. But I have to admit the pack looks cool.

In GEAR » 2.8 ounce pack, and more!
December 03, 10:52am

It's December 1st and...
Mr. Frankle of ULA has not posted pictures of the ohm. Does he not realize that I have been waiting patiently for four months so I can purchase another piece of gear I have to explain to my wife. ...

In GEAR » It's December 1st and...
December 01, 7:38pm

Re: synthetic insulation for MYOG
Derek, You can buy climashield XP and combat at Thru-hiker. The Climashield line is the replacement for the polarguard line which was discontinued this summer. Paul at Thru-hiker.com will ship ...

In Make Your Own Gear » synthetic insulation for MYOG
November 23, 7:46am

Re: ULA vs. Granite Gear
I purchased a GG nimbus ozone last year when I was just getting into the LW thing. I was relativly happy with the pack but after 9 months of trimming my gear down it was way too big for me. In June...

In GEAR » ULA vs. Granite Gear
November 21, 12:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Burke

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Simblissity Levagaiter
I love these gaiters. I wear them every time I go hiking. They breathe well, dry fast, keep debris out of my shoes and stay in place. When I first used the gaiters it took a few tries to get the fit r...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 26, 4:47pm

Montrail Stratos XCR
I like mine quite a bit. They fit well and are reasonably light. My only complaint after hiking 40 miles with them is that the padding around the ankle soaks up a lot of water and takes a long time (s...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 31, 8:39pm