November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

sheila o (bumpass) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Far Left Coast? : /
About Me sheila o has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by sheila o

Showing 111 - 120 of 268 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...27

Forum » Thread

MARK lll?
Good enough. How does your press do on keeping out the grounds? Until I found out that I could turn the JB press upside down and then press, I had lots of stuff floating. I think the plastic screen...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG SP 700 French Press, mark 1
May 22, 1:51pm

Nothing is as good as fresh french pressed coffee on the trail, well almost.
Javan....the JB press is actually quite sturdy. I've had it for years. Found it best to turn the press downward as to put a cap over the grounds. I know the lid is a little heavy, but with that...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG SP 700 French Press, mark 1
May 21, 2:00pm

great bag
Great bag at a good price. Versatile. Quilt in summer and the a bag in the winter.

In Gear Swap » Mont-Bell UL Super Stretch #2 - Reg R zip
May 12, 10:31pm

relax..this is gear swap..not an ed. class
A deep breath everyone....PMs-personal messages work best to not fill the BPL cyberspace for everyone.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Hydrogen, NWT
May 07, 1:25am

if Steripen can cut a plastic liter soda bottle in half and use that to collect and purify water. It doubles as a basin too. Or just use your cook pot in the same way. Metal or plastic doesn't mat...

In GEAR » group backpacking gear
May 05, 12:23am

Last summer on the JMT, the mosquitos were just crazy!!! That was mid July-August. Netting of some sort was a must day and night. We had a tent. Some privacy was really nice. Cheers.

In GEAR » JMT Shelter Choices
May 05, 12:07am

luxury item(s)
OK boys...let's redirect back to the original question? :P Luxury item(s): Exped 7 down pad and french pressed coffee. Depending on length of trip, my libation of choice: Zinfandel with 85% d...

In GEAR » What is YOUR luxury item
May 04, 11:55pm

you can try this if you like
REI code:MEMBER20 for 20% off on a meridian in red, which makes it $215 Sales come up all the time. Depends how long you can wait. Cheers.

In Gear Swap » WTB: GG Nimbus Meridian/Ozone
April 28, 12:45am

I think it sold in June '09

In Gear Swap » WTB Gatewood Cape
April 26, 11:09pm

can't wait to hear!
It was suppose to be this last weekend:4/16-19. Wish I could have gone, but just back from a caving/splunking trip the weekend prior, and will be hiking Big Sur area at the end of this month. Marsh...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay area BPL April
April 19, 11:14pm

All Reader Reviews by sheila o

sheila o has posted no reviews.