Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 111 - 120 of 662 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...67

Forum » Thread

not getting pm's; instead getting Mailviewer
Never mind; I've deleted this. I made an error.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » not getting pm's; instead getting Mailviewer
January 16, 2:55pm

"SILK BANDANA FOR FACIAL SUN PROTECTION?"
breathing: yep, can be a problem with bandana style facial coverage. Again, the Sun Precautions drape hat fits so loosely that breathing isn't a problem; alternatively, you can 'unzip' ...

In GEAR » SILK BANDANA FOR FACIAL SUN PROTECTION?
January 12, 5:28pm

"What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks"
I grew up with the mantra: weight on the frame, frame on your hips. Part of the idea is that your leg muscles are far more powerful than your shoulder/back muscles, and so better able to carry weig...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 12, 1:56pm

"SILK BANDANA FOR FACIAL SUN PROTECTION?"
Sun Precautions has an excellent neck/face drape hat made from (by?) Solumbra fabric: very high spf. The drape has a series of velcro fasteners going up its length, so you can adjust it in a variet...

In GEAR » SILK BANDANA FOR FACIAL SUN PROTECTION?
January 12, 1:40pm

JMT in Mid-July- Looking for Itinerary Critiques"
The Wonderland trail is pretty tough, IMO, and a good test case for the JMT. Except for elevation. It sounds like the JMT elevations will be new to you. Hard to tell how you'll respond. Man...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT in Mid-July- Looking for Itinerary Critiques
January 09, 7:36pm

"Best emergency bivy/shelter for 3-season day use"
A bothy bag really warms up fast, and keeps the wind off. But you'd need to stay in a sitting position all night. Still, lots warmer than a bivy. This is why I take a bothy for a winter emergen...

In GEAR » Best emergency bivy/shelter for 3-season day use
January 06, 10:02am

"1P tent for 2P? Anyone doing it?"
I met a couple who shared a BA sl1---NOT the fly creek but the earlier iteration of this tent. It's a bit larger than the fly creek. I also owned the sl1; very very sturdy and storm-proof.

In GEAR » 1P tent for 2P? Anyone doing it?
January 02, 1:41pm

"Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling"
Jennifer: so by using the hip abductor/adductor (sp.?) weight machines at the gym, I'm helping to stabilize my knees, correct? These are machines where I sit and pump weights on the inner a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
December 29, 1:21pm

"Safety of sleeping on the ground with no critter protection.
I'm sure that it's safe to sleep on the ground. I just don't want to. Ants, mosquitoes, flies, ticks, etc. When I turn my headlamp on to read in a tarp, every friggin' weird insec...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Safety of sleeping on the ground with no critter protection
December 28, 5:03pm

"UL daypack"
Patagonia travel pack. It's really big and very light. Waist strap and chest strap.

In GEAR » UL daypack
December 18, 10:58pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm