BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 111 - 120 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: "Sail Grade Cuben"
Lawson, I talked to North Sail when they first bought Cuben. What they told me was that North Sail will sell to sailmakers only and Cuben Corp will sell the rest of the world that is using Cube...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben wallet
May 17, 4:46pm

Re: Where Can I Buy These?
These are what I use: contact magnetic's Checkout the batteries that the little magnetics attach to. I use the Radio Control stuff and have some of what you see for sale.

In Make Your Own Gear » Where Can I Buy These?
May 15, 8:43pm

Re: sewing
Mike, Do a sample. Take 2 small pieces of any scrap material and a small piece of your insulation. Something about 6" x " 6 should be big enough. Sew the sample as you mentioned ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Climashield Combat - Sleeping Bag
May 05, 3:21pm

Re: Re: Synthetic fill Jackets and the real world- Richard?
Richard, Could you run a test on just a piece of an insulated garment. If you had just a piece of insulation with a shell material sewn to the front and back could you get a reading that would ...

In GEAR » MontBell U.L Down Inner vs. Patagonia Nano Puff?
April 21, 4:10pm

Re: Abrasion
Hi, Not sure what you mean by "Do you like how cuben hammocks lay?" I can get on my side if I want to or lay on my back. My Hammock was made out of Cuben when it was all 48" w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber Hammock
April 13, 10:23pm

Re: Cuben Fiber Hammock
My Cuben Hammock is over 3 years old and has a lot of use on it and I used the 0.47 ounce per squard Cuben. Bill's Cuben Hammock

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber Hammock
April 13, 9:35pm

Re: Anachronistic Rain Garment Ideas
Hi, I have tried a few of these ideas. Biggest problem with any of them is being willing to wear them hiking and put up with the trail "fashion police". I was using my Tunic/ Quilt...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anachronistic Rain Garment Ideas
April 09, 10:51am

Ensure
Hi, You can buy a dry form of Ensure. It comes in a can and has 14ounces of the dry Ensure in it. You mix it 1/2 cup to 6 ounces of water. I have used this hiking.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ensure
April 09, 12:37am

Pot Lifter - MYOG
PM with a Pot Lifter Question on - April 8, 2010 Q -What thickness of aluminum did you use to make it? And what type of fastener did you use on the finished product? Is it something I, someone w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot Lifter - MYOG
April 08, 11:29pm

Large Nido Can
I use NIDO dry whole milk (fat left in) vs liquid milk. The small light steel can that it comes in is useful for many things - think wood stove. I was in my local Wal Mart a couple of nights ago ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where to buy powdered milk in bulk?
April 08, 10:48am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am