BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 111 - 120 of 3981 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...399

Forum » Thread

VBL
youve just made a giant VBL with all the advantages/disadvantages ;)

In GEAR » Waterproof quilt standalone shelter
May 28, 12:32am

jetboil TI
one thing jetboil says is to not do anything but boil water in their TI jetboils ... otherwise they may fall apart i own and use an old jetboil, havent found the need to buy a new one yet ;)

In GEAR » Not happy with my cook setups.
May 28, 12:28am

move
ask yourself what would happen if you couldnt keep moving to generate heat in order to push the moisture out .... a broken ankle would do it of course that never happens on BPL the OR heli...

In GEAR » Wind jacket plus fleece with no rain jacket?
May 28, 12:17am

Re: Re: Why the obsession over sleeping bag/quilt warmth but not sleeping pad warmth?
I went Gossamer Gear to get the R-values on their foam pads, knowing that they are a leader in light CCF models and lo and behold, they do not give R-values for their pads. That seems to support th...

In GEAR » Why the obsession over sleeping bag/quilt warmth but not sleeping pad warmth?
May 19, 12:48pm

fit
1. get what fits HER 2. figure out the temp range you want and get something with enough down fill ... 4-6 oz minimum if youre using it as the sole puffy in shoulder season as to specific ja...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Need help from the ladies to help select a down jacket for my wife.
May 19, 7:00am

marketing
folks understand a simple number and concept ... -10F, +10F, etc ... its a simple number that folks believe will keep them "warm" and folks at home "get it" as they understan...

In GEAR » Why the obsession over sleeping bag/quilt warmth but not sleeping pad warmth?
May 19, 6:44am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trolls?
wasn't really taking offence to it. I've just frequented so many forums on pretty much every topic from Linux, online games, and programming to cars and 4x4s, to working out, backpacking, ...

In GEAR » Trolls?
May 19, 6:26am

marketing
i personally feel that ALOT of these woolly $$$$ things are marketing shenanigans to make their products seem "unique" and sell more widgets leaving aside the "warm when wet"...

In GEAR » "Performance" wool. What is the draw?
May 19, 6:16am

Cicero
The famous roman orator cicero once saw a mosaic of folks who were praying to the gods on a sinking ship and because of it were saved Smart guy he was (more than a pigeon) he asked "But ...

In GEAR » Vibram settles lawsuit over FiveFingers health claims
May 11, 10:00am

Re: Re: Warranty
MEC offers their own alpine shells, and gore pro, etc ... i would have no hesitation buying from MEC with their no questions asked unlimited warranty it depends whats more important ... pacli...

In GEAR » Gore-Tex and Go-Lite Aren't Friends Anymore
May 10, 12:26am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm