Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 111 - 120 of 4322 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...433

Forum » Thread

MH Warranty
a few years ago i bought one of my climbing partners a MH rain jacket as a gift after a few years of moderate use she told me that it was delaminating .... so i shipped it off the MH for her ...

In GEAR » MH Warranty
February 12, 11:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: waterproofing for fabrics
Bob ... When u come up to won-goh-wah ... And buy some ahh-tech-licks ... Which is bely bely guud as its numbah won ... Ull un-dah-stan Partner with dead birds this past new years sale ......

In GEAR » waterproofing for fabrics
February 11, 2:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: waterproofing for fabrics
they sell the grangers in their factory outlet ... which is in the same building as their north vancouver factory ... they might be making their own sprays these days, but they arent selling it ...

February 11, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: waterproofing for fabrics
in addition to whuddah i posted above if you ask dead bird or westcomb folks that design and build the things in hongcouvah ... theyll tell you to use grangers most flurocarbon DWRs w...

February 11, 1:00pm

marketing
i wonder how many of these "new" technologies are made more for their marketing potential than real life advantage insulation is becoming the new battleground where brands need to diff...

In GEAR » Outdoor Retailer Winter Market - insulation and fabric innovations
February 11, 12:43pm

fleece
200 wt+ fleece and/or a solid softshell ... if you expect rain then a cheap rain jacket as well you really dont want to use UL gear in these abrasive and durty situations ;)

In GEAR » Jackets for a survival course
February 10, 11:30pm

sportiva
tad ... no idea i use inov terrocs and guide tennies for normal stuff ... the only way is to know is to try em on ... fortunately several places with free return shipping sell the hyper gtx mi...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Scrambling Boot recommendation needed
February 10, 4:33pm

watah-pruuuf
you know u should just buy a dead bird with yr yankee dollahs bob ... but just in case you dun ... ;)

February 10, 4:18pm

Re: Re: time and moolah
kath ... contrary to bobs guide story ... i suggest talking to a a guiding company and hiring a guide for a day ... itll cost you a few hundred ... but youll get personalized instruction ... ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to learn self-arrest
February 10, 3:52pm

time and moolah
if u have time ... a respectable alpine club if u have some moolah ... and accredited AMGA/ACMG mountain guide if u have neither ... make friends with some folks if all those friends are t...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to learn self-arrest
February 10, 1:25pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm