BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 111 - 120 of 3905 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...391

Forum » Thread

EN
Folks Zpacks aint en-rated ... None of the cottage bags/quilts are ... They cant afford it Theres was a thread about quilts/bags not being warm enough very recently I sugget reading that ...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag troubles
February 26, 12:11am

Re: Re: Re: Windshirt UNDER fleece...put down the kool aid.....
Nick ... Thats an exl ... It basically IS a windvest, well two actually with down inside Were talking about an R1 ;)

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 25, 9:06pm

Re: Re: Windshirt UNDER fleece...put down the kool aid.....
Synth poofay not softshell dale For an excellent explanation of how climbers layer light synth poofays OVER their windshell/softshell read this http://kellycordes.wordpress.com/2010/01/28/the...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 25, 9:04pm

Re: Windshirt UNDER fleece...put down the kool aid.....
Well ask yourself this whats the point of having insulation if the wind will blow the heat away? Or if it gets drizzled on? Ive tried the fleece over softshell/windshirt thing ... And sure it pr...

February 25, 8:50pm

Dilberts
Folks, If you are going to layer OVER a windshirt you need wind resistant insulation This means a light synth puffy Climbers do this all the time and have since the nanopuff became popular...

February 25, 7:44pm

Re: butt ugly
who cares if they are ugly if you arent using them in town or at the ski lodge if youre using them as they should be used, youll be scuffing them up and putting pinholes in em anyways =P how ...

February 25, 1:54am

Re: 50 degrees
its called a non membrane softshell ... as ive said over and over again ... if you want breathable ... get a thin non membrane softshell the problem with less "breathable" windshirt...

February 25, 12:29am

interesting
now thats a VERY interesting question IMO how does a windshirt breath after a decent amount of usage i can say with my trail wind it doesnt seem to breath much better ... i suspect it all ...

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
February 23, 8:20pm

en
if you are looking for "comfort" rating .. itll be 10F less than the lower limit rating in general ... so i suspect for most manufacturers youll need somerthing 10F lower than their gener...

In GEAR » EN 13537 and LOFT
February 23, 8:09pm

Re: Difference from specs
i think it just shows that unverified "specs" should be shoved down where the sun dont shine this isnt climbing gear where specs need to be accurate for safety, or en-rated sleeping ba...

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
February 23, 2:14am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm