BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 111 - 120 of 404 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...41

Forum » Thread

Tough terrain
For those of you who don't know this area, this area is incredibly steep---no cattle run this range--and covered with scrub oak, manzanita, and conifers. As many have noted here, this is a ver...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
August 24, 7:07pm

campfires
This is the wrong year to be asking this question. There are campfires allowed in existing fire rings in campgrounds...but most National Forests and National Parks are so dry right now that th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » recommendations for trips in northern California that allows campfires?
August 23, 8:03pm

Rim Fire
And bear in mind that this area right now is pretty much uninhabitable because of the smoke and ash from the Rim Fire.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Relief Reservoir, Kennedy Meadows...Help please.
August 23, 8:01pm

Rim Fire
We were up at our cabin near Twain Harte this week, and came down early today because the smoke was so bad. This is a huge fire, and it has already burned through some lovely country. We've hi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
August 23, 7:59pm

too many choices
Gosh--there are so many: Hike out of Grouse Ridge off Highway 20 near Bowman Lake---a ton of lakes that you can hike to there. Plenty of spots in Desolation---or Lake Winnemucca out of Cars...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Kid-friendly backpacking trip within 5 hours of San Francisco/Silicon Valley?
August 20, 10:56pm

Nice report!
Thanks for the photos... Any time you are getting out into the Sierra, you are doing OK! And I know what you mean about getting older. We're now past 60....and each trip seems to be a ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Eastern Sierra: Pine Creek semi-loop trip -
August 19, 3:24pm

yeah
But it's wasn't about the shoes...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL lake crossing
August 17, 9:05am

chair
I don't have answers for you---but my wife will sign up to be your first customer!

In Philosophy & Technique » Need advice for a backpacking chair: fabric
August 16, 9:12am

Empty bear can...full of love
What shall we do with an empty bear can? What shall we do with an empty bear can? What shall we do with an empty bear can? Early in the morning. Gas canister and fishing tackle Gas canister...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Empty bear can...full of love
August 15, 10:17am

dry air
Same thing happens in airplanes. I think it's the dry air. Solution is to breathe humidified air at lower elevations---or get out of the airplane.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sore throat after long backpacking trips?
August 15, 9:15am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.