BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 111 - 120 of 290 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: other sites too
Sorry, but I just got www.jacksrbetter.com to come up with no problem.

In GEAR » MLD site?
May 11, 6:59am

Re: Re: Bivy and tarp for snow camping ?
"Personally I find that a flat tarp isn't sufficient for use in winter conditions with blowing snow." I'll echo that sentiment. I did a winter trip with a tarp and bivy severa...

In GEAR » Bivy and tarp for snow camping ?
May 04, 8:10am

Re: VBLs in warmer temps?
Personally, I don't use VBL unless it's well below freezing.

In GEAR » VBLs in warmer temps?
April 09, 7:25pm

Re: Re: New Tarptent Website
... and the labels for the last two photos of the Sublite Sil are reversed.

In GEAR » New Tarptent Website
March 11, 7:12am

Re: Modifying a Golite Pinnacle
"I am wondering if I can make a Pinnacle carry 50lb alright." I wouldn't suggest it. I modified an old GoLite Trek pack to carry more weight, and ultimately abandoned the idea b...

In GEAR » Modifying a Golite Pinnacle
March 07, 6:41am

Re: Any recent experiences with Big Sky International?
I was one of the first group of people to order from Big Sky, and after a delivery delay of 2 years and 3 months I can state that for me there won't be any recent experiences. Also, it was m...

In GEAR » Any recent experiences with Big Sky International?
February 06, 6:31am

Re: Best 0 Bag for the Money?
If money is more important than weight, consider a synthetic bag. MontBell has a synthetic 0F bag for under $200, at 4.5 pounds, though.

In GEAR » Best 0 Bag for the Money?
January 29, 8:03am

Re: Hammocks
"I'm predominately a side sleeper and understand little about the art of placing things under/between ones knees. I'm assuming those of you who place things under your knees are predom...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pads, Bony Hips, and Bubbles
January 19, 6:52am

Re: Variance in Montbell sizes?
"One thing I found out- all the down jackets are bigger than the Thermawraps! " Generally, the inner layers are cut trimmer than the outer layers, with the shell/parka designed to fit ...

In GEAR » Variance in Montbell sizes?
January 05, 8:48am

Re: Thanks
Just checked the EB store, they did have a few jackets left, and yes, the interior pockets look like they would hold a liter water bottle.

In GEAR » Anyone own a Eddie Bauer Peak XV
December 31, 1:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm