BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 111 - 120 of 281 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks
Just checked the EB store, they did have a few jackets left, and yes, the interior pockets look like they would hold a liter water bottle.

In GEAR » Anyone own a Eddie Bauer Peak XV
December 31, 1:54pm

Re: OR Alti-Mitts or RBH VaprThrm Mitts?
I have the Ultralight Mitts and the Vapor Mitts. So far, I haven't had an occasion to actually use the Vapors when winter camping, and I've gone down a bit below 0F. I generally just use ...

In GEAR » OR Alti-Mitts or RBH VaprThrm Mitts?
December 26, 7:21am

Re: theyre selling fast
"i had to resist real hard the frontpoint shells which were $100 off + take an additional 30%" Don't resist, it's a great jacket. :-) It's become my favorite winter shell.

December 24, 3:22pm

FWIW, many items on First Ascent's website are sold out, or at least sold out in most sizes. This includes the two warmest down parkas.

December 24, 6:29am

If it helps, I can probably swing by the local EB store next week and check out the parka.

December 23, 2:34pm

Re: inside pockets
[sigh] Sorry, false alarm. I just checked the parka, and it's the Mountain Guide Hooded Down Parka, not the Peak XV.

December 23, 10:26am

Re: Anyone own a Eddie Bauer Peak XV
I bought one for the wife to replace her old parka that had worn out. She likes it, and it keeps her quite warm. Overall, I've been very happy with the First Ascent gear I've gotten.

December 23, 7:37am

Re: Winter Parka recommendation
You might also consider the Nunatak Torre parka. Also very high quality.

In GEAR » Winter Parka recommendation
December 22, 6:42am

Re: Can't read user product reviews
Issue resolved - I get the error with cookies shut off, but it runs fine if I turn them back on. Thanks for the feedback. ETA: apparently, I only had to turn cookies on the first time I click...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Can't read user product reviews
December 19, 6:47pm

Can't read user product reviews
After clicking on "Last 50 Reviews" I get a list of the individual product reviews. When I click on a review I get: "Unauthorized for that session NvPumWoE?forum_thread_id=1...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Can't read user product reviews
December 19, 1:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm