Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Christopher Holden (back2basics) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Christopher Holden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Holden

Showing 111 - 120 of 444 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: Affiliation
"I am not interested to disclose my company name here because I do not intend to use BPL as a platform for financial gain." If you don't wish to disclose your company name, why do ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Better Bags (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
September 03, 5:56pm

Re: Best Tipee style tent and stove
Barry, Someone recently had a GoLite Hex3 with stove boot and TiGoat stove for ~$300. Check out tipis and user comments on forums.kifaru.net. Also, TiGoat makes the Vertex series. I'm not a ...

In GEAR » Best Tipee style tent and stove
September 02, 6:04pm

Insulated Trapper Mug
The first time I saw mention of the Trapper Mug, I thought it was a great idea... except for one thing: I wanted to see it as a double wall mug. Cooking in a double wall mug is not safe. Some may b...

In GEAR » Insulated Trapper Mug
September 02, 5:33pm

Re: meal recommendations
Mary Jane's sells organic and reasonably healthy stuff compared to the other two. I think the MH/AA could be beat out by some careful shopping at the local grocery. Also, the Backpackers Pan...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Advice for a foreigner!
September 01, 8:41pm

Re: Complex carb dense snacks
">If you don't get enough oil/fat in your diet you can get constipated. Just a Tablespoon or so will help keep things regular ;-) So in other words? Eat some nuts. " Seeds and ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Complex carb dense snacks
September 01, 8:17pm

Re: How much food per day dry weight?
The weight of your food is really an arbitrary number. You should figure out your nutritional needs and build a menu plan from there. What I take for a weekend out far exceeds what I actually need....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much food per day dry weight?
September 01, 6:34pm

Re: "Tigoat Bivy"
Thom, If Troy declines your offer on the Ptarmigan, I'm interested. Thanks. Chris

In Gear Swap » WTB Tigoat AGP's and Grey top Ptarmagen bivi
September 01, 6:30pm

Re: "Carrying alcohol"
Eins, The bottle gets a pretty good seal. I've left it in my truck for days at a time when the weather here is 90-100F outside, even hotter inside when the windows are up and the engine off. N...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carrying alcohol
August 31, 2:33am

RE: "Carrying alcohol"
Eins, The bottle gets a pretty good seal. I've left it in my truck for days at a time when the weather here is 90-100F outside, even hotter inside when the windows are up and the engine off. N...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carrying alcohol
August 31, 2:33am

Re: "MYOG Inverted Downdraft Woodgas Stove - My Attempt"
Brian, For an hour of burn time, that isn't much ash. That implies good fuel efficiency of the stove. Good work! Chris

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Inverted Downdraft Woodgas Stove - My Attempt
August 30, 9:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Holden

Christopher Holden has posted no reviews.