BPL Community Profile

Ashley Brown (ashleyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ashley Brown hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ashley Brown has not added a biography yet.
CitySydney
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ashley Brown

Showing 111 - 120 of 1159 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: Summerlite
$135!! Holy cow that's nuts. I wonder why a few more suddenly appeared? Maybe they found some lying around the warehouse. Pretty strange though and probably the most screaming deal I've eve...

In Gear Deals » Western Mountaineering Summerlite 150 Dollars at Moosejaw
August 14, 9:54pm

Re: receipts for 2.5 years
The leaking happens at the points of harmonica compression at the top of shoes That's what I've found. It's at the base of the toe area where the shoe bends and creases as you walk. ...

In GEAR » Gore-Tex "Guaranteed to Keep You Dry" - Promise Kept, Financially
August 14, 9:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Diminishing Gains
No, the point of diminishing returns has not been reached (in my humble opinion) it will never be reached because of evolution of materials, technology and production techniques. I'm afraid ...

In GEAR » Have we hit the point of diminishing gains?
August 14, 9:27pm

Re: Haha
Well you have great timing! I'm usually lurking around most hours of the day (I'm working long hours in front of a computer at the moment) but have twice been slightly too late!

August 14, 8:09pm

Quilts, quilts, quilts
Thanks Lynn, very interesting. Pity they didn't manage to keep the line going as it sounds like they had potential once a few flaws were ironed out. I would probably want to add a full length z...

In GEAR » Quilts, quilts, quilts
August 14, 8:01pm

Patrick
BTW, Patrick, how did you manage to find about this deal... TWICE!? If there's a mailing list I'm missing out on I'd love to know which. Or are you just cruising the gear sites every day?!

August 14, 7:51pm

Western Mountaineering Summerlite
D'oh again!!!!! Dang this is frustrating... so close and yet so far! Especially when you go to the moosejaw page and it seems to suggest there are still a couple in stock. Excitement! But th...

August 14, 7:48pm

Re: Re: Big Sky Evolution 2P2D
Oh, just noticed that this is probably the same tent you bought off gear swap a couple of months ago and I already passed on it because I wanted a yellow one. Not to worry...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Big Sky Evolution 2P
August 14, 6:49am

Re: Defective Bush Buddy Ultra?
Maybe the loose fit is because it need some extra 'play' when it gets hot. Metal expands and I guess if the different parts are at different temperatures then they will expand by different ...

In GEAR » Defective Bush Buddy Ultra?
August 13, 11:53pm

Re: Newbie tarp camping question
Take comfort in the statistics... on average only 1 in 20 newbie tarp campers are eaten by mountain lions.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Newbie tarp camping question
August 13, 10:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Ashley Brown

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
I am always amazed when people say that idodine treated water tastes horrible. Sure it does -- if you don't do it right. The key step is to neutralise the iodine with vitamin C... but don't...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 03, 11:02pm