Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brett Rasmussen (ascientist) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Grants Pass, Oregon
About Me I'm a Physician Assistant working at a lung clinic. I'm married and have two young daughters. I dabble in ultralight, bushcraft, and even car camping. I enjoy making my own equipment, but also believe some things make more since to buy. Volunteering with the local search and rescue gives me a practical use for light weight gear.
CityGrants Pass
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListKilimanjaro Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brett Rasmussen

Showing 111 - 116 of 116 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

A tent for the family or the other way around
Scott, Thank you for the directions and for sharing your project with us. I'm still waiting for the cuben to arrive. I'll be sure to post pictures of it's progress. With your instru...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 person family Tent
July 28, 10:39pm

Already a copycat
Looks great. Your project encouraged me to finally start my own cuben family tent. I recently ordered the materials. I'm planning on connecting the floor at the very bottom of the walls all ...

July 24, 6:52pm

Waste not want...something to drink?
Considering the tent an isolated environment practically all condensation would originate from insensible body loss which is estimated to be about .8 liters per 24 hours. About half comes from brea...

In GEAR » maximizing condensation to produce distilled drinking water?
July 20, 9:20pm

Keeping the family together cuben style
I've been thinking that a cuben fiber tee pee would be the best shelter for family camping. I would have started one by now if it were not for the cost of the cuben fiber. As I hope to undert...

July 08, 7:16pm

Habotai, 5mm
Bought the Terramar pajamas, but have been disappointed with the durability (they are prone to forming runs in the fabric). I made a some from the 5mm silk which have been great. The weight of th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping Linears...
June 26, 6:46am

chalk
I use regular blackboard chalk for most of my sewing, including silnylon. I find that it works better than the hard chalk that is made specifically for sewing. If you want a very thin line it can...

In Make Your Own Gear » Marking silnylon
April 08, 12:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Brett Rasmussen

Brett Rasmussen has posted no reviews.