BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 111 - 120 of 770 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...77

Forum » Thread

Re: share your boulders

In Photo Gallery » share your boulders
June 23, 2:12pm

June 23, 2:08pm

Cool idea. This one seems mandatory...

June 23, 2:05pm

Re: Need help with women's layering for warmth
My wife usually wears a capilene 4 hoody, capilene 4 long underwear, a down puffy (Stoic Hadron), windshirt, and a hat. She was cold sometimes until she got a Montbell Thermawrap Skirt. She swears ...

In GEAR » Need help with women's layering for warmth
June 22, 9:50pm

Re: UL spinning reel fishing setup?
That's actually pretty light. To put it in perspective, my Tenkara kit (rod, 2 lines on holders, tippet, flies, small multitool) weighs 8 oz.

In GEAR » UL spinning reel fishing setup?
June 22, 9:39pm

Re: Another JMT List
No need for the polycro to protect your tent, just spend 30 seconds moving any sharp rocks away from your tent site. However, it is nice to have if you are going to cowboy camp. I agree with Mar...

In Gear Lists » Another JMT List
June 22, 9:35pm

Re: Partial High Sierra Camps loop 6/14/14
Thanks for sharing! There were almost no bugs for me in Tuolumne that weekend, but I was above 10,000' most of the time.

In Post-Trip Reports » Partial High Sierra Camps loop 6/14/14
June 20, 10:55pm

Re: Bench Lake via Taboose Pass-KCNP 6/9-12
Great pics Tom. I hope to hike as much as you do when I'm your age. I've been past the Bench Lake turnoff a bunch of times, but have never made the side trip. I'm planning on fixing tha...

In Post-Trip Reports » Bench Lake via Taboose Pass-KCNP 6/9-12
June 20, 6:35pm

Re: Emigrant Wilderness 6/13 - 6/15
Nice pics, gents. Care to expound on your recipe/method for bannock? It looks delicious.

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness 6/13 - 6/15
June 20, 6:27pm

Re: Pillow slipping out under my head
Yes. Take a piece of thin cord about 48" long and tie it around your sleeping pad at head level. You can connect the pillow to it via the stuff sack drawstring or if you want to get fancy, sew...

In GEAR » Pillow slipping out under my head
June 08, 12:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm