BPL Community Profile

Don Amundson (amrowinc) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I had been away from backpacking for many years. When I started researching equipment it was like coming too after a coma. I was amazed to discover "lightweight." I did the JMT in 2009 and have been regularly on the trail since.
CityPasadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.trailjournals.com/don

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Amundson

Showing 111 - 120 of 250 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...25

Forum » Thread

Onion Valley - Independence re-supply
There are a number of options for resupplying from Onion Valley. The priciest is to have your resupply packed in to you over Kearsarge. The packer can be met at any number of places, Kearsarge Lak...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Onion Valley - Independence re-supply
June 11, 4:17pm

Folding Spoon
I had the same problem with fit and am currently using the MSR folding spoon. It lasted through a recent week long trip and fits nicely inside of my caldera fosters pot. After loosing my last pricy...

In GEAR » long, foldable spoon or spork
May 19, 10:35pm

Tips for lighting Esbit in High Winds
I've tried a lot of techniques. At issue for me was my lighter flame would blow out before I could get the esbit lit. Once "well" lit all was well as long as I got my Caldera Cone ov...

In GEAR » Tips for lighting Esbit in High Winds
April 13, 12:05pm

FS Misc. Odd and Ends
Reduced prices on the last two items.

In Gear Swap » FS Misc. Odd and Ends
April 02, 8:46pm

Platy
Sold pending $ to Edward

March 30, 8:55pm

GoLight stuff sack
GoLite and two other stuff sacks sold to Mike pending $

March 30, 8:26pm

FS Misc. Odd and Ends
All prices include shipping CONUS payment Paypal gift. Two pieces of 1443R Tyvek 27x58 1.8oz 25x59 with "wings" 2.18oz for DIY projects $4. Much cheaper and it won't cover the shp...

March 30, 6:15pm

Opening a Bear Vault
"Bear Vaults can be a real pain to open on a cold morning. I think most Bear Vault owners (including myself) can attest to cursing the canister in frustration at least a few times." Th...

In GEAR » Bearikades
March 27, 1:27pm

FT Emergency Poncho
I added some stick on velcro 3/4" rounds to mine to keep it under control in mild wind. Seems to work.

In GEAR » Breathable windshirt vs Frogg Toggs poncho? & as an aside, Zpacks fanny pack
February 15, 8:38pm

Frogg Toggs Poncho
I have to agree that a poncho doesn't really work to replace a wind shirt. Regarding the Frogg Toggs poncho, there are two different ones. One is there emergency poncho that is very light weig...

In GEAR » Breathable windshirt vs Frogg Toggs poncho? & as an aside, Zpacks fanny pack
February 14, 11:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Amundson

Don Amundson has posted no reviews.