BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 111 - 120 of 911 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...92

Forum » Thread

My food and water weight conundrum...
I often carry little or no water with me. I usually research water sources. When they are frequent, there is no reason to carry much at all. I rarely carry more than 16 oz. This, of course, wil...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My food and water weight conundrum...
September 24, 9:25am

WTB Lightweight used down sleeping bag with an en rating 0-15 women's or unisex
On pads, I would avoid open cell foam as will absorb water. Closed cell foam is warm, fairly light, multi-use and fairly rugged. An air mattress with no insulation is typically cold. If you can ...

In Gear Swap » WTB Lightweight used down sleeping bag with an en rating 0-15 women's or unisex
September 23, 2:45pm

New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
Wow, its hard not to own a filter now at this price. It was already a favorite and now its lighter and cheaper. What's not to love about this?

In Gear Deals » New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
September 19, 8:25am

A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
For "above treeline" areas in the southeast, don't miss the Roan Highlands and some of the balds of Slickrock

In Editor's Roundtable » A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
September 11, 10:42am

Panty Haiku
Very deep, Doug. I am still slowing understanding your meaning.

In GEAR » Fun at the Japanese store
September 10, 10:41am

Panty Haiku
I'm a little off on my poetry. Is that a panty haiku? I wish we had a Japanese store. That looks fun.

In GEAR » Fun at the Japanese store
September 10, 10:29am

My (failed) attempt at a SHR section
+1 on the Diamox. The stuff seems to work for those prone to altitude sickness.

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 09, 5:10pm

Don't knock it until you try it
Many people here will tell you their switch to trail runners is the best change they have made. New Balance and maybe others come in wide sizes. My wife, who is not an avid outdoorsman, switched ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
September 03, 3:18pm

Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
If I was in the desert or Sierra, I would probably give it a try. If I used a full tent, I would probably give it a try. Full size pads are a bit heavy. But I primarily use a tarp in southern ...

In GEAR » Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
September 03, 1:46pm

6 days backpacking in Glacier NP
Thanks for posting the great photos. I've got to go.

In Post-Trip Reports » 6 days backpacking in Glacier NP
September 03, 8:03am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.