BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 111 - 120 of 1524 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...153

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: Wild Ideas Expedition Bear Canister!
I'm in for the GS standard low-ball of $15. I'll PIF it to -B.G.-.

In Gear Swap » FS: Wild Ideas Expedition Bear Canister!
January 26, 8:24pm

Re: Are there any substantial downsides to having a pot lid with strainer holes?
I find it interesting that both the Jetboil Sol and the MSR Reactor 1.0 L. have strainer holes, as well as other holes, in their lids. These are two of the most fuel efficient (and quickest) stoves...

In GEAR » Are there any substantial downsides to having a pot lid with strainer holes?
January 26, 1:52pm

@ Franco
Franco, since bunny poop is dried pellets, of course they shouldn't stick to their soft fur. Bear scat, on the other hand, can be quite moist and will likely create a fairly brown rabbit. And t...

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 26, 9:19am

re: Price drop
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Thermarest NeoAir XTherm and Dreamtime Comfort Cover
January 25, 1:16pm

re: Isobutane vapor temperature range
"isobutane boils at 8 to 16 F - I don't know why there is a range given rather than a specific temperature" Jerry, since the vaporization temperature is lowered when the altitude i...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
January 25, 8:29am

Re: Dual-uses
I just thought of yet another use for these cozy thingies--in winter, place your fuel canister in it, along with a fresh chemical hand warmer. You'll have a functional stove (canister) anytime ...

In Gear Deals » New Product. Escape Pouch. Sale Soon.
January 24, 5:36pm

GoLite Roan Plateau hooded parka?
The Roan might not be the absolute warmest parka out there, but it's pretty darned good. As it happens, they are knocking 10% off anything they sell that are the team colors of the Denver Bronc...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Super Warm Parka
January 24, 3:12pm

Dual-uses
1) I'll bet that 2 cans of cold beer will fit in that cozy, and they should stay cold for a few hours. The larger one might hold more beer, though... 2) Maybe you could store your cheese and...

In Gear Deals » New Product. Escape Pouch. Sale Soon.
January 24, 1:31pm

Pizza pan?
Can you find a 12" diameter deep dish pizza pan that has a 2.5" high lipped rim?

In GEAR » Lightweight fire pan?
January 24, 9:23am

Cruddy airports
Those airports are nothing like Rangoon's, or Aqaba's. But keep in mind, Doug, that the San Diego airport probably thought of you as a bit cruddy as well. Wait until Oakland--they'll...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 23, 9:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm