Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 111 - 120 of 414 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...42

Forum » Thread

Turning off GPS?
"OruxMaps lets you turn on/off the GPS within the app." Frank, my point was that it's unnecessary to turn off the GPS (in app or otherwise) as the app will automatically turn off the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Android Smartphone as GPS?
February 25, 11:23pm

Re: Android Smartphone as GPS?
Some additional data. I use a Samsung Galaxy S4. I don't use it for tracking, but since paper maps are unavailable for where I hike, it probably gets more use of the GPS than those who are usin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Android Smartphone as GPS?
February 25, 12:49pm

Re: 7.5 oz Packa
According to the Packa website, "10 Denier ultra-light weight silicone treated nylon rip-stop with a 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating (sil/pu)."

In GEAR » Alternative to the Packa?
February 23, 6:24am

Re: Re: 1210 at joes NB outlet
Travis, see this thread for the answer: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=81789&skip_to_post=748703#748703

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance MT910V1 and MT910V1GTX Trail Shoes Review
February 20, 11:55pm

Re: eVent durability?
I have no personal experience with eVent, but I recently came across the following thread on the UKClimbing website: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=578102. I considered starting a new t...

In GEAR » Breathability Ratings for eVent vs. DWR Silnylon?
February 19, 10:35am

Re: Re: In good hands :-)
Jon, I've found that altering the distance between stove and pan (with a shim) can have quite an effect on boil time with only a small effect on efficiency. Also, the standard Starlyte will kno...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Awesomeness
February 19, 6:57am

Re: It fits but
You could probably get Joe to make you a Blast to take a hooped stay if you got the stay from elsewhere.

In GEAR » Bear can in an Arc Blast?
February 11, 9:00am

Re: GG newsletter on G4 used for CDT hike
"CAN 30 lbs ever be comfortable? OF COURSE IT CAN... but only w/ a good pack." For me, this statement would need refining to "can 30 lbs ever be comfortable on the back". Perso...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 17, 9:15am

Water Repellent Down, One Year In, ZPacks quilts.
We have 2 double quilts, a 20 degree with water-repellent down and a 40 degree with standard down. The 20 degree has 29 nights on it and the 40 degree has 16 nights. We usually sleep with an open...

In GEAR » Water Repellent Down, One Year In
January 15, 11:35pm

Re: Claustrophobia, quilt owners’ secret shame?
Yep. Used to use a bag, read about quilts and thought, that's for me. I find quilts much more comfortable.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Claustrophobia, quilt owners’ secret shame?
January 15, 11:24pm

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.