BPL Community Profile

Will Webster (WillWeb) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Will Webster hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Will Webster has not added a biography yet.
StatePennsylvania

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Will Webster

Showing 111 - 120 of 361 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Foil
Fair enough, Ben - maybe a better way to put it would be "toss it in the campfire and then pack out what's left"?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cleaning cookware away from a water source?
March 08, 11:50am

Foil
"... use a piece of foil as liner (they weigh nothing) -- and toss into campfire (or pack out) when finished" As an AT Maintainer, I hate picking scraps of foil out of some clown's...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cleaning cookware away from a water source?
March 08, 11:13am

Re: Re: Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
Yang, not long after I posted this my wife and I decided to go on an 8-day Sierra Club outing which will require a lot of new gear (bigger packs, dry bags, waterproof camera...) so the new shelter ...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
March 07, 8:46am

Delorme
The Delorme PN series lets you download aerial photography to your computer and then transfer it to the handheld for viewing in the field. If you have any GIS or draw data in Delorme's mapping ...

In GEAR » GPS with satellite image
March 01, 7:12am

UV intensity
Keep in mind that the UV light is blocked or reflected by the walls of the container and by the water/air interface. Sensitivity of the camera to UV light isn't an issue, but different sensors...

In GEAR » My Steripen Adventure: Concerns and Vindication
February 27, 8:48am

Rechargeable batteries
The only time I've had the batteries fail in my Steripen was with the ones which shipped with the unit - on their second outing. I did some research and bought a pair of high quality rechargea...

In GEAR » My Steripen Adventure: Concerns and Vindication
February 25, 6:04am

Lawson
Does Lawson still make/sell the drybags? They're not on his website. I need some for an upcoming canyoneering trip.

In GEAR » Zpacks vs MLD vs GG cuben fiber dry bags
February 24, 11:56am

Values and money
"... where money meets values, money, and the rationalizations that we use to justify our selfish behavior towards each other, wins. It is as sad as it is predictble." Yet I have seen ...

In Chaff » High Price of Gear on Gear Swap Forum
February 23, 5:35am

Transitions
My experience has been that the lenses get too dark under tree cover, especially on cloudy days, so if I expect to be in forest I just wear my clear glasses. Last weekend in the Superstitions outsi...

In GEAR » Transition lenses for backpacking?
February 14, 7:50pm

Parking lot
"Go ahead, visit the Grand Canyon, trust me, the view from the parking lot is as good as it gets." Bazz fazz. My wife and I did a 3-night loop starting at Hermit and ending with Brigh...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Grand Canyone Trip DENIED!!!!!
February 09, 3:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Will Webster

Will Webster has posted no reviews.