Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Clint Hewitt (WalkSoftly33) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me I have lived in NY, CT, MA and now ME.

Areas I have hiked in:
2011: CA, Little Yosemite Valley, Local Maine Hills, Katahdin (2x)
2010: NOBO AT Thru Hike
2009: NY Bear Mt and Coldspring
2008: NY- CatSkills

Thru the years I have hit NH- White Mountains, MA- Mt. Everett, Mt. Grey Lock multiple times.

My pack weight has come along way...I think I remember years ago something about a game of horseshoes set...
CityBiddeford
StateME
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListCurrent AT - Set up

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clint Hewitt

Showing 111 - 120 of 254 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...26

Forum » Thread

Wow wow wee... very nice! (borat voice)
Sean that is a nice looking tent, I know you said it is not as taunt as you want it, but from the pictures it looks fairly drum tight. I can tell you my SMD Lunar Duo can not be pitched as tightly ...

In Make Your Own Gear » SMD haven-inspired tarp design
December 16, 5:57pm

Re: College textbooks
Mary, I have to share my one up story. Insert all of the parameters of your story but make the professor of the class the author of the mandatory text books. Yes the situation still exist and in...

In Chaff » Amazon.com
December 16, 5:52pm

Re: Re: Not sure yet...
Travis, Hate to burst your bubble but that is exactly what everyone is, a commodity, that can be bought and sold by individuals and corporations with the capital to do. Just the way things are s...

In Chaff » Amazon.com
December 15, 5:43pm

Re: ain't enough time in the world
Yea that video did look time consuming, for a weekend trip were you have one or two pages I could see it being worth the effort, but 380! hell no. Haha. The card was Yum Yum's idea, I have t...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL waterproof maps
December 15, 5:35pm

Water Treatment
Since We will be melting our water supply, do we still treat it? Does it have to be boiling for a certain number of minutes?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
December 15, 5:29pm

Re: SUL waterproof maps
Hey LB! Welcome to BPL brother. Those maps look sweet! Nice little MYOG project. You gonna use that technique on the for PCT section maps?

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL waterproof maps
December 15, 4:26pm

Tight
Travis, As Nick said you have to size up. I am normally a size 10 so I went with a size 11 sock. For Winter use I would go up even another size for the use of a thicker sock underneath. I no...

In GEAR » gortex in shoes
December 14, 1:30pm

Mattress Wrestling
Bryce, You my have just invented a new sport, mattress wrestling! What are the ticket prices? I ll pay for stadium seating 50yrd line. Kidding aside I feel like anything more then two pads an...

In Winter Hiking » Winter pad setup... will it work in 0F?
December 14, 12:23pm

Re: Re Rockys
The time I was most thankful for my Rockys was when it was just above freezing in the smokies, raining, everyone got to camp with miserable cold wet feet, mine were only cold, granted I had pants o...

In GEAR » gortex in shoes
December 14, 11:35am

N Power Peg
http://www.npowerpeg.com/index.php/npower-peg It is not even out yet and it is not exactly light weight (11oz), but if this thing works, on longer expeditions would it be worth carrying? Sa...

In GEAR » N Power Peg
December 14, 11:23am

All Reader Reviews by Clint Hewitt

Clint Hewitt has posted no reviews.