Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 111 - 120 of 1485 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...149

Forum » Thread

4th Most Popular Size for Bearikade Food Canister
Just wanted to share an interesting piece of trivia. The 4th most popular requested size for the Bearikade is a custom 12" tall/750 cu in can. I just ordered one and was surprised to hea...

In GEAR » 4th Most Popular Size for Bearikade Food Canister
February 03, 12:46pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Ken, Slow going on the photos on my end. It really is a bit of work for me to try to research the gear in the shelters and to put the hyperlinks in. I like the results, but hate the proces...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
February 02, 7:43pm

Please Repost your photos and comments in the Photo Gallery
Wow....you guys and gals are fast with posting your photos and comments. Making me look like the lazy bum that I am! Anyway, I just created a thread in the photo gallery for the 2014 GGG. ...

January 27, 11:54am

6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
BPLers Gathering of Gear Geeks: Henry Coe State Park January 24-26th, 2014 Corral Trail Head to Manzanita Point Group Campsites 2.7 Miles Approx. Manzanita Point Camptsite Elevation 2,270 Ft....

In Photo Gallery » 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
January 27, 11:41am

Missing Red Leki Poles
Marc, Did you find a pair of red leki hiking poles leaning up against the back of your truck? Realized that I did not have them in my car til I left the park. Drove back and you were gone ...

January 26, 4:58pm

Re: What is the G.G.G and its History
@ Roger, Thanks for catching my mistake....edited my post. *shaking my head* Embarrassing that I screwed that up. @ Matthew, Please feel free to come out next year....sure that you will...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » GGG?
January 25, 8:39am

What is the G.G.G and its History
Matthew, The G.G.G. stands for Gathering of Gear Geeks, which has been an annual winter gathering of lightweight/ultralight backpackers in the California Bay Area. This is the 6th year that i...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » GGG?
January 24, 11:49pm

Re: Water Supply
Jeremy, Hey, as long as you can make it out, Saturday is fine. That is what I am doing. My daughter has gymnastics til 8pm tonight, so no chance to get out their til Saturday around noon t...

January 24, 12:19pm

Water Supply
Justin, Ken talked about something like 50 gallons being brought in and maybe more to suppliment that. There was a posting that there is at least one water tank in the park that has water for...

January 24, 11:25am

Re: 70 people keeping warm around two propane fire pits
Rick, The Tony Shuffle only happens around the fire after I have smoked some crack and have rolled around naked in the dew in the grass on a full moon. Unfortunately, my neighbors don't s...

January 24, 11:03am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm