Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 111 - 120 of 644 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...65

Forum » Thread

Re: Knife features, uses
I don't think I have ever used my knife in 12 years of backpacking but I have carried it everywhere. So, I guess the one thing I want is something compact and light. Scissors on the other ha...

In GEAR » Knife features, uses
March 02, 9:00pm

Re: Warm hiker, cold camper layering question
I hike in a light baselayer and I have a warm down jacket when I am resting. If it gets colder than that I hop in my sleeping bag. No extra layers necessary.

In GEAR » Warm hiker, cold camper layering question
March 02, 5:50pm

Re: Cabela's clones Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 and SL3, adds vents
That is almost an exact clone! I like that they replaced the fabric loops with actual clips on the spine pole though. Threading the pole through the loops was always a little tedious to me. What...

In GEAR » Cabela's clones Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 and SL3, adds vents
March 02, 2:52pm

Re: Thanks for all the recommendations so far
You really don't need that many layers. I carried the clothing that I hiked in the entire time for sun protection and then I carried a couple of layers for resting or bad weather. I hiked in...

In GEAR » Base layer recommendations for PCT thru
February 28, 8:50pm

Re: Base layer recommendations for PCT thru
I would go with something along the lines of Patagonia Capilene 2 or maybe 3. I typically only used my baselayer while hiking on cooler mornings or evenings. I did wear it one some rare days when t...

In GEAR » Base layer recommendations for PCT thru
February 28, 5:28pm

Re: Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie
I also have the Ferrosi, which I bought just for rock climbing. Oddly enough, it's great for ski touring when there is no precip. I had to size down to a small because it's cut very chub...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 25, 10:21pm

Re: A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
I don't think this has been done before because it's not necessary. If you want to display these four attributes, it's best to just list them out. The most obvious problem is that t...

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
February 25, 6:31pm

Re: Jansport warranty experiences?
Jansport warranty used to be outstanding. I haven't used it in years though. I do have the same pack that I used for school that has the same problems. I should get around to sending it back if...

In GEAR » Jansport warranty experiences?
February 23, 9:51am

Re: eVent jackets (again)
Be careful with the MHW Drq.Q Elite stuff. They don't call it eVent so they don't have to build the garment to eVent specifications. I have seen some poor design features on Dry.Q elite clo...

In GEAR » eVent jackets (again)
February 19, 4:15pm

Re: Pacific Crest Trail 2014 NOBO
I wouldn't take an inflatable pad, but that is just me. Plenty of people had theirs fail but many people were fine. Personally, I liked taking out my foam pad to lay on during mid-day breaks. I...

In Gear Lists » Pacific Crest Trail 2014 NOBO
February 17, 9:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm