BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 111 - 120 of 545 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...55

Forum » Thread

You don't need anything custom. If it's a pack with a lid, just stash the snowshoes under the strap(s) that keep the lid on. If it doesn't have a lid, just strap two bungee cord horizon...

In GEAR » Daypack for carrying snowshoes
January 02, 12:17am

Re: Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
When I did the High Sierra Trail and John Muir Trail, I hiked in an UnderArmor heat gear shirt. I coupled it with sun gloves which meant I only needed a little bit of sunblock each day for my face ...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
December 29, 6:26pm

Re: Winter Gloves and Miitts system
Does anyone have any suggestions for vapor barrier liners? I would like to give them a try for multiday trips. I think nitrile exam gloves would work, but I would think there would be something out...

In GEAR » Winter Gloves and Miitts system
December 15, 9:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
I used the XA 3D back in 2007. Now it's the XA 3D Pro Ultra or something like that. Now I use the Wings which fit me way better. The XA 3D Pro Ultra is too wide in the heel now.

In GEAR » Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
December 10, 2:52pm

Re: Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
I did 300 miles including the JMT with Salomon trail runners. No goretex. I just waded right through streams and then I was dry 15 minutes later. They worked well, but the lace lock started slippin...

In GEAR » Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
December 05, 10:25am

Re: Difference between Patagonia Houdini Full-zip Jacket and Patagonia Houdini Jacket
The new one also changed the arm cuffs. It looks like they provide more coverage of the hands and only use a half elastic cuff, but I haven't seen it in person. They usually don't stock ...

In GEAR » Difference between Patagonia Houdini Full-zip Jacket and Patagonia Houdini Jacket
November 28, 7:51pm

Warm softshell
I have a 5 year old Arcteryx Gamma SV made with powershield that I like a lot, but it's getting pretty worn out. The current Gamma SV is now made with a fabric that isn't quite as warm. ...

In GEAR » Warm softshell
November 26, 8:01pm

Re: test
test

In User Test Forum » Test
November 24, 8:06pm

Re: Is dedicated Hard shell really required?
You don't need anything fancy. A lot of the pricey ones you see have extra features that you don't need for just hiking around. Or they are made from fancy material, which is worth it but n...

In GEAR » Is dedicated Hard shell really required?
October 20, 7:44pm

Re: MB Alpine Light Parka - overkill warmth or OK?
I assume you aren't talking about hiking in it? I never needed more than a baselayer and a windshirt while hiking, and that was going up Whitney at 4am. I took one for the first 300 miles an...

In GEAR » MB Alpine Light Parka - overkill warmth or OK?
October 03, 6:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm