Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 111 - 120 of 752 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...76

Forum » Thread

Re: Idea for snowshoe/crampon/short ski combo? Any potential?
A piece of plastic with a few screws won't give you any traction on snow. Not everything has to be titanium. You can make a nice crampon for snowshoes out of aluminum angle stock. Try snowsh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Idea for snowshoe/crampon/short ski combo? Any potential?
November 24, 10:29pm

Re: Re: guy lines
The two long lines for the ridge and the four short ones for the corners stay on. I keep 2 or 4 more short sections loose with the stakes in case I need to stabilize for high wind.

In GEAR » flat tarp
November 24, 6:46pm

Re: Re: Visited the new Arcteryx store in Portland
"My next big purchase is a down puffy. Who makes em with a cinch cord?" Montbell, Mountain Hardwear, Feathered Friends, and I am sure many many others as well.

In GEAR » Visited the new Arcteryx store in Portland
November 23, 7:19pm

Re: BJ
I have a silny grace solo. I can drop the foot a lot lower and still keep the head up high. Come to think of it, I always hit the side of my face on the guyline when getting out. Especially if the ...

In GEAR » flat tarp
November 21, 8:03pm

Re: ??
Tarps don't suck, but flat tarps do. Versatility sounds nice in theory, but most people stick with just one pitch. An A-frame pitch with a flat tarp is not going to pitch as tight as a cate...

In GEAR » flat tarp
November 21, 6:38pm

Re: flat tarp
I'll chime in. Flat tarps suck. Sure, you get way more pitching options, but none of them are very good. If you want a-frame, get a cat cut tarp. If you need more protection, get a mid.

In GEAR » flat tarp
November 21, 5:48pm

Re: leather treatments on hybrid leather/GoreTex boots?
I only use goretex boots in snow and cold, so the reduction in breathability doesn't matter too much to me. Yes, the insides still get damp on multiday trips but it's a LOT less than if wat...

In GEAR » leather treatments on hybrid leather/GoreTex boots?
November 20, 10:20pm

Re: Evazote foam R values
I think the GG nightlite (the egg crate shaped one) is 2.2. I have no idea how thick it is.

In GEAR » Evazote foam R values
November 19, 7:44pm

Re: Even More PCT
I'd switch the fleece to the lightest down jacket you can find. Switch the prolite for a zrest. Looks pretty good otherwise. Do the halfmile maps have databook info as well? I loved my...

In Gear Lists » Even More PCT
November 18, 7:54pm

Re: Re: Anti-Drone !
"Solution for a problem that doesn't exist, i've never seen a quad-copter on any wilderness walk i've done." I have seen a few in the Cascades. I can see it getting way w...

In GEAR » Anti-Drone !
November 18, 5:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm