BPL Community Profile

Tjaard Breeuwer (Tjaard) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minnesota, USA
About Me I like to get out and camp, but I don't like a heavy pack on my back. I love hiking, mtb-packing, xc skiing and ice skate touring.
CityDuluth
StateMN
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 111 - 120 of 368 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...37

Forum » Thread

When I use a synthetic belay jacket
I want a synthetic belay jacket because even when it's 0f/-18C I still sweat while climbing and hiking, leaving my action suit damp, add to that water dripping of the ice and ice climbing belay...

In GEAR » Best Warmest Synthetic Belay Jacket?
December 14, 6:43pm

table
Nice article. Could you change the table to read in grams instead of fractions of kilograms? It would be much easier to read/comprehend.

In Editor's Roundtable » Commentary: The Packraft in 2013
December 11, 12:22pm

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Enlightened Equipment makes their REvelation X quilts in an extra wide size.

In GEAR » double sleeping bag/quilt
December 10, 1:04pm

picking chains
If you are going to get chains, make sure to get the fancy quick mount style with the hoops. As people pointed out, you will be putting them on in unpleasant conditions, so less hassle is worth the...

In GEAR » Winter backpacking and 2WD cars with chains?
December 10, 1:02pm

Gear
We used a Jetboil SoLTi with 100 g cartridge, homemade windscreen and used the Jetboil bottom cover as a cup and lid. We ate quick cook oats with powdered milk, raisins and nuts and added shots of...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Trip report: 3 nights on the Maah Daah Hey trail
December 05, 12:38pm

Not yet
My computer died, so can't get to my ger list, but you could go to the store and weigh the full ones, then subtract the weight of the gas, should give you a decent approximation .

In GEAR » Jetboil 100g and 230g empty canister weight.
November 28, 4:06am

Pad width
Since I am now an experienced quilt user (6 nights) I feel qualified to answer this ;-) I have a Enlightened Equipment WIDE. At 56" it is very wide. About as wide as a standard sleeping ba...

In GEAR » Quilt width for a side sleeper
October 25, 9:58pm

downtek tested by backpacker mag
Backpacker mag had the LL Bean jacket (850fp downtek) in it's winter test and it received high marks: "Wore it 3 days or rain fog and drizzle, shell-less in northern Scotland. My partne...

In GEAR » Testing Waterproof Down
October 25, 9:49pm

Sil-down
so first we all grew to love sil-nlyon, making nylon stronger and waterproof, now we get sil-down doing the same for down ;-)

In GEAR » Two synergystic technologies coming together?
October 25, 9:39pm

Are they the same length?
Are they the same length and shape? Is one the Xtherm or womens(very faint swirly pattern)? I ordered a womens Xlite and got a 'regular' that was packaged in 'womens' packaging, ...

In GEAR » two different versions of NeoAir XLite - What's the story?
October 25, 9:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Goosefeet gear Custom down parka
This review is for a custom down parka from Goosefeet gear. Par...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 14, 10:24am

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Quality: The sewing is very neatly done, I have not looked super close at the fabric but from a casual glance I don't see any blemishes. Nice soft hand. Fit: I have a 6'6&qu...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 17, 12:30pm

Golite Hex 3
I was surprised to see we fit comfortably with our family of 4, while using the nest. By hanging it from a line between two trees, we have room for a double bag in the center and no pole to be knocke...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 06, 9:33pm

L.L. Bean Ultralight 850 Down Jacket
I returned the L tall I had ordered, as the sleeves were too short. I ended up with a Montbell in XL which had longer sleeves and was no more baggy than the L tall LL Bean.

March 08, 9:26pm

Montbell Down inner pants
As mentioned these are a nice and light pair of warm pants. Sorry for the exclamation marks but I have never found stock pants like this! The great news with these is that they fit very slim for...

March 02, 11:36am

mont-bell Thermawrap Parka & Pants
I got the womens size S for my daughter, who wears size 6(yr old) kids clothes normally. The lightest hooded kids parka I could find was the Marmot Amadablam. This is lighter, longer in the waist ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 20, 9:08pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
The design is poor, with a crummy hood that doesn't cover my chin and no bill, short sleeves and body, wide opening at the waist and no articulation anywhere. Wimpy rainflap over a very porous zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 16, 8:48pm

Cioch Direct /Paramo custom
I have a Cioch Direct Glamaigh and can only echo the previous comments: It is as breathable as an uncoated windshell,but the liner makes it as warm as a windshell with light fleece underneath. So ...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 15, 9:04am