Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rakesh Malik (Tamerlin) - BPL Guest

My Locale Cascadia
About Me Rakesh Malik has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.WhiteCranePhotography.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rakesh Malik

Showing 111 - 120 of 738 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!
"I got a wick for it too, but that's just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole." Why do you say that? The same thing that makes a volcano kettle extremely efficient with a wo...

In GEAR » Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!
February 14, 1:03pm

Re: no photos
I used the same approach when I was hiking in the desert over the summer. It was one of the BirdePedal metalized umbrellas in case it matters, but I pretty much just placed it alongside my torso an...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
February 11, 3:41pm

Re: re
I think you have the right idea, just a little early :)

In GEAR » For anyone that has a Back County Boiler
February 09, 4:57pm

Re: bump
It's probably just due to the fact that the BCB's aren't in very many hands yet, as Devin's still getting them out the door, and has a bunch still going through anodizing and all.

In GEAR » For anyone that has a Back County Boiler
February 08, 11:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Down hoods and quilts--not enough head insulation?
I use the warmer of the two that Katabaic sells, though I've forgotten its name. I got it along with one of their Blackwelder quilts. And yes, the XTherm sounds VERY promising, almost too go...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag or quilt cold weather
February 07, 11:48am

Re: Down hoods and quilts--not enough head insulation?
"My head felt warm, but that's probably because my body was MAKING it stay warm and possibly robbing the rest of my body of some warmth in the process. Does this sound about right?" ...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag or quilt cold weather
February 07, 11:27am

Re: Re: Grace Solo/Serenity
I'd echo Dan's comments, but since the HMG gear doesn't fit your budget, I guess there's not much point, unfortunately. But hey, it's something to look forward to, right? ;) ...

In GEAR » Grace Solo and Serenity Shelter.
February 05, 9:57pm

Re: Re: Quilts: Katabatic vs Enlightened
I have a Katabatic Blackwelder myself. I haven't used it that much yet, because it's usually been overkill, but I used it on Kilimanjaro and also the last two nights out at Mt. Rainier, one...

In GEAR » Quilts: Katabatic vs Enlightened
February 05, 9:50pm

Re: Canoe camp
> But I agree, for the typical UL purposes, it's pointless. It is surprisingly heavy. I wonder how much of that weight is in the copper wire, and how much is in the burner portion. I susp...

In GEAR » What, no stoves?
February 03, 10:42am

Re: Re: Re: Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
> The Akto is light when you consider it is designed to work in winter storm conditions > reliably. That's also why I picked up a Twin Sisters. Well, that plus it was on clearance a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 01, 2:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Rakesh Malik

Rakesh Malik has posted no reviews.